mortgage cash back question

Options
dear readers, my mortgage company has offered me a mortgage with a fee of £995. I have visited a cash back site and have been offered £175 cash back for the same deal. The mortgage company are prepared to add it to the mortgage, in order to qualify for the cash back do you have to pay the fee up front.

thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ask the broker that is giving the cashback.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Options
    is waiting for MBM to suddenly appear :D:p
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    is it a remortgage or house move or just a renewal ? You say My mortgage co... are you already with them?

Are you sure even with teh cashback its still the best deal... I'm finding that there are deals that are often thousands cheaper not listed on the cashback site.. its a matter of knowing where to look , or getting a "true WoM broker".. that will prove they will consider non-commission deals ( maybe expect to pay a fee if not doing other business with them )
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure