Is my mortgage now a certainty?

Options
Going for a mortgage with Halifax. Apparently scrored well on credit score etc. and was able to provide 3 years accounts, accountants reference etc. House has now been valued and the valuer confirmed its ok for lending on. Apparently the application has now been set to the offering department. Does this now mean all checks etc.. will have been completed?

Comments

• sarkin1
    sarkin1 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well if its gone to offer then it does look good, but as always nothing in life is a certainty ecept death and taxes.

By the way, did you use a mortgage broker?
    :cool:
  • smartmove07
    smartmove07 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, used a local broker. 2yr fixed rate of 6.09% (didnt want to fix for any longer as I'm hoping the market will have stabilised somewhat in the next couple of years)
  • cacton20
    cacton20 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Halifax just rang me to say they have today launched a new rate of 4.99% fixed for 2 years. Wasn't able to tell me the arraignment fee. Did anyone else get this call?
  • Gloster_Advise
    Options
    Well I have had no emails today about this. If it is true, fee would probably be 2%-3% of the mortgage amount. Only guessing though. Put it this way it will be a 4 figure sum should it be a cash value arrangement fee.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Take advice with a pinch of sea salt!
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you scored well , I'm surprised they asked for accounts-

the broker will be able to log on to tracking- and see what stage its at.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure