how to get a BRO/BRU

Options
When asked to account for how he spent the monies, the bankrupt states that he spent £100 per day on alcohol, £20 per day on scratch cards during this period, that he lost up to £5,000 in private card games, that he spent approximately £500 on hostesses, and a further £6,500 on five holidays. He has provided no corroborating evidence of this expenditure, nor has he explained how he spent the remainder of the money. · The bankrupt has therefore been unable to satisfactorily account for cash withdrawals and expenditure totalling £55,620 (including cash withdrawals totalling £51,775), being the total amount received into his bank account during this period less the evidenced household
Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...

Comments

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    £100 a day on alcohol:eek: :eek: :eek: i make that 7 bottles of Southern comfort each day!!(and one shrivelled liver:rolleyes: )

£500 on Hostesses..isn't that them trolleys you had in the 1970s for keeping your food warm :confused:
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    he spent £100 per day on alcohol

Wouldn't that kill you pretty damn quick!
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Wouldn't that kill you pretty damn quick!

if the drink didnt the hostesses would

but hey, thats the way to go int it!
  • maxmycardagain
    Options

£500 on Hostesses..isn't that them trolleys you had in the 1970s for keeping your food warm :confused:

youve not gotten out much have you BLTN....
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    youve not gotten out much have you BLTN....
    :rotfl: not since about 1981 i think:rolleyes:
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    personally i cant see what the OR was objecting to, we all need a hobby dont we...
  • josmidge
    josmidge Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    HI

I think that if that was me i'd not care what the judge had to say i'd be in re-hab or dead lol. Who cares about your debts when your that drunk all the time

When i was waiting for my br hearing another man went in before me and he must have asked when he could get credit again, cause all we could hear was the poor bloke getting a right b*&^%king off the judge, couldn't help but giggle though!!!

Jo
    BANKRUPT 30/01/07
    Discharged 30/7/07
    yay Bsc no 154
  • wherediditallgo
    wherediditallgo Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options
    When one of my friends went BR, a man waiting in the same room said he was going to hold on to one of his credit cards & see if he could book a holiday with it before they found out about his BR status. He'd also taken a cash advance off another one so that his wife could pay the final amount on her liposuction. He reckoned that the OR wouldn't notice, because nothing was done when his brother went BR & managed to use his credit cards for nearly a month after his court date, so he didn't see why he shouldn't use his too. :eek:

I don't know whether people like that are stupid, deliberately fraudulent or just very uninformed about what going BR actually means. I suspect some of them haven't read anything about going BR other than "This is the court where you can do it & it costs X amount".
  • Praxis99
    Praxis99 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    "When asked to account for how he spent the monies, the bankrupt states that he spent £100 per day on alcohol, £20 per day on scratch cards during this period, that he lost up to £5,000 in private card games, that he spent approximately £500 on hostesses, and a further £6,500 on five holidays"

The rest he just wasted :rotfl:old gag I know but couldn't resist!
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,292 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When asked to account for how he spent the monies, the bankrupt states that he spent £100 per day on alcohol, £20 per day on scratch cards during this period, that he lost up to £5,000 in private card games, that he spent approximately £500 on hostesses, and a further £6,500 on five holidays. He has provided no corroborating evidence of this expenditure, nor has he explained how he spent the remainder of the money. · The bankrupt has therefore been unable to satisfactorily account for cash withdrawals and expenditure totalling £55,620 (including cash withdrawals totalling £51,775), being the total amount received into his bank account during this period less the evidenced household

At least he didn't waste the money :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport