We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

moneyback bank loan? (merged)

Options

Comments

• roadster1
    roadster1 Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loan transferred to my bank account the next day, so from application to money in hand was 4 days, one of them being a Sunday!

One very, very satisfied customer.

Perhaps A+L only offer this rate to people with an A+L current account????
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,522 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied last week for £6000 over 18 months, was phoned the next day for further details(read 20 minutes trying to sell me the protection insurance) declined this as it worked out to £700!!! Was told at that time I had been approved for 5.5% :j Agreement sent out the next day. Now, my credit rating is not great, as I tend to apply for quite a few credit cards and bank accounts, and I am not on the electoral roll, so was well pleased :T
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • pandapone
    pandapone Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for 13.500 - I know I have an excellent credit rating because I searched it - They offered 6.9% - I see they do offer 5.5 on sums of 6 or so thousand over a short term but other than that you can forget it - it really is a con and it wastes your credit rating by giving you an extra search - I wouldnlt borrow from them on principle - Martin should put a health warning on this one ASAP.
  • monkeydust_2
    monkeydust_2 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.moneybackbank.co.uk/

Anyone use these guys and got money at the advertised rate, just curious, need to borrow around 15K and they look like my best bet. Do they charge for early repayment/overpayment?

Rgds
    MD
  • Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some people do seem to get the advertised rate - even when they decline the overpriced PPI - but not many!

They do charge a 1 months interest redemption penalty and as far as I know do not allow overpayments.

Much will depend on your credit score though.

Good luck.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • monkeydust_2
    monkeydust_2 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    Rafter wrote:
    Some people do seem to get the advertised rate - even when they decline the overpriced PPI - but not many!

They do charge a 1 months interest redemption penalty and as far as I know do not allow overpayments.

Much will depend on your credit score though.

Good luck.

R.

8.9% - ha rubbish - got 6.5% from my bank with overpayments allowed.
  • Jossicles
    Jossicles Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have applied for a £3500 loan with Alliance and Leicester's Moneyback loans and I been offered an APR of 8.9%. Obviously, their typical rate is much lower, so can anybody comment on whether this is a decent offer? I am worried about applying elsewhere in case it effects my credit rating?
    Many thanks.
  • Rafter
    Rafter Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The headline rates advertised usually only apply to loans above £5k.

8.9% for £3,500 isn't bad. Nationwide, who are usually fairly competitive for small loans have a typical rate of 12.9% for that amount.

Have you thought about applying for a £5,000 flexible loan from say Egg or Cahoot and then immediately repaying some of it? That may be the only way of reducing your current offer rate.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • Jossicles
    Jossicles Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.
  • Phantom_Flan_Flinger
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is an all too common practice.

What you see is not necessarily what you get.
    Dave. :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family