I like the CSA!

Options
frannyann
frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker
I have lurked here for quite a while and have found advice etc here very helpful and helped me realise I am not the only one with a useless ex! But I want to stick my head above the wall and risk getting it shot off! :o
My ex is trying every trick under the sky to avoid paying, even when he was earning £100k+!! I have had loads of feedback, on a regular basis, on whats going on and what his lastest trick is!! I haven't had any money for a very long time, but understand thats because of his bad behaviour not because of lack of trying by the CSA staff who I am in contact with. I claim no benefits and feel that the staff still treat me as tho it were their own money they are trying to get back! I have never had to chase them up or ask for anything to be done and get a phone call every 6-8 weeks to let me know whats going on. Don't get me wrong I think the system sucks but the guys I speak to, feel just as annoyed with the system as I am, which allows him to wriggle out of paying.

So my thanks to the St Leonards team :T
:rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is good to hear! Glad to see that SEBU are working hard - just wish they would with my case!!!!!

It is good that somebody recognises that the staff are just as frustrated as the customers are! Most people blame the staff for the failure of the system - which is not their fault. Sure mistakes are made and that is unacceptable, but when workers are working against stupid decisions made by senior management then it makes their job extremely difficult!!
  • SuperstarsDad
    Options
    Hi Frannyann,

Can you give us an insight into what tricks your ex has been using to avoid paying his CSA?

I am like lots of other people on here classed wrongly as the NRP, and would jump at the chance to avoid paying the CSA.

And before all the PWC start, I have my 9 year old daughter for exactly half of the year (yes we have a 5/2 , 2/5 rotation).
    We both earn around the same wage's!

But guess what, She claims the child benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the CSA say that I still have to pay.
  • N71
    N71 Posts: 384 Forumite
    Options
    frannyann wrote: »
    I have lurked here for quite a while and have found advice etc here very helpful and helped me realise I am not the only one with a useless ex! But I want to stick my head above the wall and risk getting it shot off! :o
    My ex is trying every trick under the sky to avoid paying, even when he was earning £100k+!! I have had loads of feedback, on a regular basis, on whats going on and what his lastest trick is!! I haven't had any money for a very long time, but understand thats because of his bad behaviour not because of lack of trying by the CSA staff who I am in contact with. I claim no benefits and feel that the staff still treat me as tho it were their own money they are trying to get back! I have never had to chase them up or ask for anything to be done and get a phone call every 6-8 weeks to let me know whats going on. Don't get me wrong I think the system sucks but the guys I speak to, feel just as annoyed with the system as I am, which allows him to wriggle out of paying.

So my thanks to the St Leonards team :T

Thats brilliant to hear! Obviously, people only come on here to moan, but its lovely to hear from one of the many thousands of people who are happy. I've always said, its not always the CSA's fault, its usually the NRP's trying every trick in the book not to pay, making the CSA's job even harder.
  • hotblu
    hotblu Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Frannyann,

Can you give us an insight into what tricks your ex has been using to avoid paying his CSA?

I am like lots of other people on here classed wrongly as the NRP, and would jump at the chance to avoid paying the CSA.

And before all the PWC start, I have my 9 year old daughter for exactly half of the year (yes we have a 5/2 , 2/5 rotation).
    We both earn around the same wage's!

But guess what, She claims the child benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the CSA say that I still have to pay.

Who claims the Child Tax Credits?
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If she claims the child benefit then she must claim the tax credits.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »

It is possible for one parent to claim the CB and the other to claim the tax credits, although it's not obvious at first glance that this is possible. (My sister and her ex have recently been round this loop).
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • hotblu
    hotblu Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kelloggs36 wrote: »

Just because one recieves the CB doesn't mean they also claim the CTC. They CAN make an arrangement between themselves, to claim one each but obviously this can lead to your claim being dealt with as a complex case or extra check's being made as it may be seen as financial gain.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Frannyann,

You strike me as a nice dad who would not resort to telling a 6 yo that "If the CSA come after me I will have a heart attack and die"

So trust me, you really don't want to try any of his tricks!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure