We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with small HFC loan (newbie)
DaveBham1982
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Loans
Ages ago I bought a camcorder on credit from Dixons and they set it up so that it would take the money from my banks every month.
When I was put out of work by illness last year I spoke to HFC and told them my situation and they agreed to freeze the interest and let me make payments of £10 per month to pay it off. Today I got a phone call saying that the bank charges and interest have put my debt at around £240. The guy I spoke to said interest is going on there but its the bank charges that have put the money up so high because I am in arrears. I should owe them about £70.
Any idea what I can do?
When I was put out of work by illness last year I spoke to HFC and told them my situation and they agreed to freeze the interest and let me make payments of £10 per month to pay it off. Today I got a phone call saying that the bank charges and interest have put my debt at around £240. The guy I spoke to said interest is going on there but its the bank charges that have put the money up so high because I am in arrears. I should owe them about £70.
Any idea what I can do?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards