Waiting for my welcome pack !!!

hi ! I have signed up for dmp and I'm scared !!! Been reading forum for 2 hours
now had to register seems I am not the only one ! I would like to say this forum
seems fantastic for support and I am sure to be visiting regularly ! I am waiting for my welcome pack - then I suppose I will be getting some nasty calls !

Comments

• rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi kebabed - Welcome to DFW. I hope that you have signed up through one of the Debt Counselling Charities and are not paying a 'profit motivated' company to administer your DMP.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • GirlRacer_2
    GirlRacer_2 Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    Hi Kebabed, welcome aboard. This forum is fantastic as so many people are going through the same thing as you and can offer you advice and support. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined up.
  • kebabed
    kebabed Posts: 29 Forumite
    I have joined up with cccs !! been excellent telling me I have made the first step
    not to worry - easier said than done ! 10 yrs seems a lifetime but hey they will all get their money back eventually and I will have my life back :o
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    kebabed wrote: »
    I have joined up with cccs !! been excellent telling me I have made the first step
    not to worry - easier said than done ! 10 yrs seems a lifetime but hey they will all get their money back eventually and I will have my life back :o

Well done kebabed - the time will soon pass. If you post your soa, the good people here will soon help you to 'keep your life' and maybe even how to make some extra 'savings' that can be thrown at your debts.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • adzya
    adzya Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have just sent my pack back to CCCS.. took a lot of courage to do it but we are on it from June onwards!

Make sure you have up to date statements from all your creditors..

Well done though, it is the first step to reclaiming your life! :T

Here's to a debt-free future :beer:
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Hello Kebabed :hello:

Wecome onboard, congratulations for taking the first step.

It will get easier as time goes by, one very important thing I'd like to say, as you know, the members on here are very supportive :grouphug: should you receive any correspondence / telephone calls from creditors / DCa's DO NOT PANIC, post here FIRST for advice.

Good luck :wave:
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • kebabed
    Thankyou I will do any ideas will be greatly appreciated !
    rog2 wrote: »
    Well done kebabed - the time will soon pass. If you post your soa, the good people here will soon help you to 'keep your life' and maybe even how to make some extra 'savings' that can be thrown at your debts.
  • kebabed
    hey mine starting in june too !! feeling a bit better now I know there is light at the end of the tunnel ! good luck with yours !
    adzya wrote: »
    I have just sent my pack back to CCCS.. took a lot of courage to do it but we are on it from June onwards!

Make sure you have up to date statements from all your creditors..

Well done though, it is the first step to reclaiming your life! :T

Here's to a debt-free future :beer:
  • adzya
    adzya Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hope yours goes well too! 6 years and we'll be debt free.. seems like a life time! Have set a target of 3 years though, going to do all the overtime i can, the two May bank holidays alone will net me £414.68 before tax so will be making extra payments as and when possible..

all that remains now is to get Close Assistance off my back.. they won't leave me alone and are close to aggressive! :mad:

Keep posting on here for updates and support..:D
  • kebabed wrote: »
    hi ! I have signed up for dmp and I'm scared !!! Been reading forum for 2 hours
    now had to register seems I am not the only one ! I would like to say this forum
    seems fantastic for support and I am sure to be visiting regularly ! I am waiting for my welcome pack - then I suppose I will be getting some nasty calls !

Well done to you for taking that first and very important step to dealing with your debt.:T
    I am on a debt management plan with the CCCS and like you it's going to take me a long time to clear my debts but the way I look on it is that at least we have started on that road instead of going round and round in circles and getting nowhere.:confused:
    The CCCs are good at trying to get your creditors to agree to your proposals and they will also try and get interest on your debts frozen. Yes, it is possible that you will get some difficult phone calls from creditors:mad: ....I actually had one today....but you can request that the only communication you will enter into is written communication. Put that in writing yourself and let the CCCs know about any communication that you find in the least bit threatening or unreasonable.:mad: Some creditors may not agree to what you are offering them in a DMP and threaten court action. However, I've read on various forums that in the majority of cases these prove to be idle threats.:rolleyes: If you are paying all you can via a DMP and are putting your affairs in the hands of the CCCs, most creditors realise taking you to court will be a waste of time:rotfl:
    These forums are a great support and there is one dedicated to those on DMPs...the DMP Mutual Support Thread.
    Good luck and I hope everything goes without a hitch for you:T
    :hello: :jEternal Optimist:j:hello:
    BR 22.09.08
    :staradmin BSC Member 201:staradmin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business