50th birthday pressie for motor racing fan

hiyas, its my step dads 50th in a month and i havent a clue what to get him

hes a mega motor racing fan and a mechanic

any ideas pls? was thinkin about t shirt etc with motor racing logo or sumthing?

Comments

• onredbull
    onredbull Posts: 403 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try searching the internet or on the freebies site for
    "World Series by Renault"
    as they give free tickets to go to watch car racing and loads of other stuff - see below:-

"The free festival of motorsport, which combines on-track thrills with off-track entertainment for the whole family, has been brought forward to 7th/8th June. But the good news doesn’t stop there. In 2007, the UK round of World Series by Renault attracted a record 135,000 spectators making it the second largest race meeting in the UK behind the British Grand Prix and the biggest of the seven international World Series race meetings. This year, the motorsport extravaganza will be held at the home of British motorsport, Silverstone Grand Prix circuit!" .

(Could be a great free day out or you could pay travel costs for them - may be expensive -Depending on where you live)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :kisses3: "In Raising Your Children;" :kisses3:
    "Spend Half As Much Money n Twice As Much Time."
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Try these...

www.grandprixlegends.com

they have loads of fantastic items! They are linked to quidco too (sorry can't remember what %)

Nicky
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    I feel sure that I spotted a driving experience on the internet (over at Rockingham Raceway I think). The experience involves driving lots of fast cars around a track and costs about £120 - you can drive a Lotus Elite, Ferrari, Lamborghini, DB7 and other flash cars.

Or you could get tickets for a hill climb such as Shelsley Walsh.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport