CCA and IVA

Have been reading a while and seems that a lot of people are requesting CCa's
My question is we have recently entered into an IVA and have not yet requested any cca's. is it worth us now to request these and if not supplied in the correct timeframe be able to delete that particular debt from our IVA.
Beginning to realise that perhaps we should have dione all this in the first place.
Look forward to your helpful advise once again.

cfnc

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    An IVA is a legally binding agreement and a legal form of insolvency.

Failure to provide a CCA or where one does not contain the "prescribed terms" can render the debt unenforceable with respect to any future legal action, but it does not mean that the debt is not legally owed. So requesting a CCA in an IVA would not permit a debt to be removed from the IVA.

To the best of my knowledge the above is correct. It is certainly the position I have seen stated by Insolvency Practitioners and other experts in insolvency, plus the consensus of opinion across several knowledgeable forums.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure