Getting Harased By Tsb

Hi everyone
im new on here at the beginning of march i went to the cab debt counselor and they did a financial statment i sent it of to all my creditors and most of them are fine, execpt the tsb they are contantly phoning me up every day even on sundays when i have family visitng i have sent another financial statment to them but when i speke to them they said they need more money than wots on my financial statment and if i dont they will take me to court. i made a payment to them but i am worried that if i keep on paying them they will not take it off what i owe & it will just get lost in the system. can anyone HELP? Should i just keep sending them the amount thats on the financial statment? and how do i stop them harrassing me im at my witts end.

Comments

• Refer them back to the CAB, you can only afford to pay what you can pay. I would also mention that all other creditors are accepting your offer and it would be unfair to offer them more as it is not in the interest of the other creditors.
    There are also a number of other things you can do. I would request on the phone followed up in writing, that they take your phone no off their list and contact you only in writing only through the CAB.

And welcome to the DFW board..don't worry you are not on your own. Bob xx
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Couple of things, request your CCA fro Lloyds TSB, this will comfirm the debt is enforcable, send this letter, including a £1.00 postal order:
    Your Address

Date
    DCA / Creditor
    Address

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number: XXXXXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request.

We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Next, send them this letter:

Your address

Company Name

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.
    I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)
    I request confirmation that my telephone details have beem removed from your databases.

Yours faithfully,

[YOUR NAME HERE]

SEND BOTH LETTERS BY RECORDED DELIVERY, come back and post once you have an update

Good luck
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • Thanks was just about to copy and paste myself.
    Good luck with them. Bobx
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Thanks was just about to copy and paste myself.
    Good luck with them. Bobx
    You're welcome bob :A
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • I love your Sig by the way:beer: I totally agree with those sentiments!!:T
    A few gnawing Alsatians would be a good idea as well.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport