Interest on Debt over £5K ?

Hi peeps - Hope you can give some answers to a couple of questions - to calm my nerves as Mrs BHB as just had a county court claim land on the doorstep for a small amount and I have quite a large debt myself .

We are fine about the consequences of this particular action and probable result but I am personally worried about a single debt to Egg for a defaulted loan with £7.5K outstanding, and am currently paying a nominal £1 per month due to a change in circumstance. This of course they won't take for long, but have accepted it for 6 months with the review due in a couple of months. Currently interest is kindly not being added.

Now - not much chance of shaving anything more off our outgoings or increasing our income.

Sooner or later the debt will either get past to a DCA or the court for recovery, or both?

So my questions are :
  1. what are peoples experiences of the outcome of such a situation on a debt of more than £5000 (as I believe the rules change a bit for a larger debt ??)
  2. Have you had interest added up until the court date
  3. Interest added after the court date until the loan is paid off?
  4. what sort of repayment figure have you been able to settle on per month until the debt is paid off
  5. Any other outcomes? e.g charge on your house?
I am currently am being advised by National Debtline, hence the minimal payment but just wanted to get my brain around whats going to be lurking round the corner.

Cheers,
BHB
:) Embrace your inner Hillbilly :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills