Cheapest n best place for Digital Photo Processing

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've had a camera phone for a couple years now and have just managed to get the many, varied and blackmail-capable pictures off it.

Problem is I have got over 100 photos, all of good quality but I don't know where to get them processed? have heard that lots of places are cheap, but with rubbish processing quality and of course expensive but good quality but I want both Cheap and Good quality.

Does anyone have any ideas of places? Tips? Personal experiences?? and also places definatley NOT to go.

Many Thanks for all the help!

stars_n_moons

:D

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try the I wanna board for this......
  • pre-reg
    pre-reg Posts: 576 Forumite
    Options
    I know asda was doing 50 pictures for £5 i.e 10p per picture, a while ago. Iam not sure if that offer is still on.

However have you seen the free 35 pictures from carphone warehouse on `quick grab it while you can` thread.

have a look!!! iam about to send off for some free pics.
  • martin_noble
    Options
    costco 11p per print including vat, good quality as well.
  • steeev
    steeev Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    ive got to say the carphonewarehouse/photobox do a pretty damn good service, great quality prints and extremely speedy delivery, as the previous poster said you can try out their service for free, using the 35 free prints offer to see if you like them.

They usually charge 19p per print for small numbers of prints.

But If you need to print out a ton of photos they sell bulk credits for photo prints at a discount with the following rates

100 print credits at 15p each
    200 print credits at 14p each
    400 print credits at 12p each
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I used the Carphone Warehouse processing last week, it is managed by Photobox, and the quality of the prints was excellent, better than Kicks and Boots I'd used before. Colour was vibrant / spot on, and apart from the odd low-res one I had taken from my mobile, you couldn't tell they weren't processed from film.

The service was brilliant, uploaded the pictures in the early hours of Monday morning, and received them in the post first thing Tuesday. Plenty of options for print sizes / finishes, and you can crop / resize order multiple prints etc.

Only downside is the amount of time it takes to upload 100 pictures at a reasonable resolution.

Cost (if you pay in advance) is 15p a print, but with the 25+ free ones the price comes down.

HTH - Rufus.
  • markyb2
    Options
    I agree the carphone warehouse photos are excellent usually being recieved the next day after placing the order!

However as the pics are 6 X 41/2 inches has anyone found a photo album of this size to put them in? The 7 x 4" ones are too large.
    ::) ::)
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    The carphonewarhouse pics are outstanding.. quality is amazing and service impeccible.. ordered on friday afternoon last week (about 3pm) had prints next morning!! (well done royal mail for once too..)
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    So far I've had 75 prints from CPW and as stated the quality is very good. Speed of service is within 48 hours to your letter box. Not looking forward to eventually having to pay for the service though ;)
    I've used COSTCO in the past and they were 11p/print, all done on site while you're having a slice of pizza and coffee ::)
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • Derv_2
    Derv_2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I've used Boots several times with very good results. Available in larger stores only, the cost is 15p per print for 6" x 4" with a next day service. They will only print complete sets of all pics on the photocards and all are printed at the same size.

Occasionally they do a 10p per print offer with a minimum charge of £5.

I'm going to try the 1 hour service at Asda next.
  • Blimp_2
    Blimp_2 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    morrisons are the cheapest I have found. Less that 50 photos are charged at 15p each. More than 50 are 10p each.

Its better that the 50 for £5 offers becuase you can get any number over 50 for 10p. So if you have 75 you would pay £7.50
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure