Free moneysaving electricity monitor (If you are with southern electric)

Options
This is free for all southern electric customers. There is no tie in period, it does not change your existing plan. You have to phone up and ask to go on the "better plan". You will receive the electricity monitor worth £45 in the post a few days later.

It's a great moneysaving tool too! It tells you how much electricity you are currently using and how much it would cost per day/month. You can turn lights off, TV etc and see what difference it makes in ££ per day/month!! I found out that having the spotlights on constantly in our lounge would cost us a massive £10 per month!! One of our lamps cost £5 per month...it all mounts up.

Hopefully I won't be flamed for this one! You do have to be a southern electric customer but it IS free with no strings attached, no minimum tie in period etc.....

PS! I don't work for SE I just thought it was a good freebie :) Happy saving!

Comments

• gaahmad
    gaahmad Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Have you confirmed that it's definitely not a different plan altogether? Here's a link on their site, it certainly looks like a seperate plan the way it's laid out on their website:

http://www.southern-electric.co.uk/ForYourHome/EnergyProducts/betterplan.aspx
  • Firsttimebuyer_4
    Options
    Going by the marketing i got in the post, speaking to the customer services people there's no change in my prices at all.

I don't want this to be a southern electric marketing post......Yes, it is a separate "plan". Although it's the cheapest plan they have.It also offers cashback if you manage to cut your electricity use by at least 10% over a year. You can go to the better plan, get the monitor, then go back to your old plan without any penalties at all...i asked. So this costs you nothing.....

But hey, I know they have an alterior motive by wanting me to stay, but as far as I see it...it's free and I cannot loose...and I like the gadget. It fits nicely on the shelf, unobtrusive, has a clock and temperature gauge as well. Very handy!
  • gaahmad
    gaahmad Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    It's just that I'm on the Argos energyplus tariff so I get 10% off at Argos/Homebase, so by switching to the new plan, I'd probably lose that benefit.
  • Firsttimebuyer_4
    Options
    Aahh....didn't even know they had such a plan......

Perhaps best to ask them about it..
  • CLLC
    CLLC Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    By the look at of it, it is only for those who pay there Electric bill quarterly and by Direct debit.

So i'm stuffed as i'm on the pre-pay meter

But thank you very much for this anyway :)
    :dance: I am great , yes I am :dance:
    :rotfl:
    :D If you think I was useful , Thank you, for thanking me :D
  • GreaterManchester
    Options
    We're with Southern Electric here in Manchester, but we are unable to join this offer as it's for 'Traditional Southern Electric' customers only according to their lovely phone person.

BTW, that means you must live in the South. Grrr...
  • crossleydd42
    Options
    I'm with EBICO (who get their electricity (and gas) via Southern Electricity. I've been offered the monitor without any strings. Just choose one of three gifts and post back. Oh, and I live in Gloucestershire, hardly the South.
    "Some say the cup is half empty, while others say it is half full. However, this is skirting around the issue. The real problem is that the cup is too big."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure