Cheapest unleaded and diesel in Edinburgh??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
6 replies 5K views
meggetmegget Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Filling my car with diesel cost me over £50 and its not a big car! A friend told me about this site to ensure I wasn't paying too much per litre. https://www.edinburghservicestations.com

Replies

• Wish they had a site like that for my area. BTW, are prices really as "low" (and I mean relatively) as that in Edinburgh or is the site in need of updating? While 89.9 was achievable here a few weeks ago, it's hard to get anything less than 92.9 now around here.
  • wolvesinwaleswolvesinwales Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This site covers the whole country :

http://www.overdrive.co.uk/fuel_table.htm

My local village station is up to 99.9p for Diesel now, their displays can't go any higher than 3 digits so i wonder what they will do :)
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • M.E.2-2M.E.2-2 Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Giving my age away now. My first car (Anglia) cost me £60. I have just bought a Frontera ( I call it Asda but that's another story) and filled the tank with Diesel for £74.44 at Tesco.
    I feel oldicon9.gif

Apologies---I thought this was on the Wales board:confused:
    Guest.
  • This site covers the whole country :

http://www.overdrive.co.uk/fuel_table.htm

My local village station is up to 99.9p for Diesel now, their displays can't go any higher than 3 digits so i wonder what they will do :)

Thanks for that. It would be useful for places I don't know, in order to get a rough idea of which filling stations are reasonably priced. However, for my own area, I notice that the pricing is more than a week out of date which at the present time makes quite a difference.

I couldn't find a "date last updated" type comment but then found the explanation: "[font=geneva,arial][size=-3] Pricing information is compiled using monthly transactional information from Arval cards and calculates the average price at the petrol station"[/size][/font]

It's a shame there isn't a collaborative site where people can contribute the latest prices for filling stations they visit. I know that could be open to abuse but hopefully not too much.
  • The Edinburgh site invites people to email in with latest prices - presumably they will be watching out for abuse. They also ask for site development ideas - maybe someone should suggest they do the whole country?! I live in Edinburgh so I'm already covered!!
  • tintin Forumite
    502 Posts
    ✭✭

just drop the decimal point? 102p a litre?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Virgin Media & O2 launch Volt

Aims to boost mobile data & broadband speeds

MSE News

Cheap pet insurance

Top comparisons & hot deals

MSE Guides