Edinburgh Fireworks ticket wanted!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 802 views
competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
4.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
I know that this is a (very) long shot but does anybody have 1 spare ticket for Princes Street Gardens (not the Ross bandstand, just a gardens ticket) for Sunday night - I will gladly buy it off you (for a reasonable sum not silly ebay amounts!) or donate some ££ to the charity of your choice...

Or failing that where is the best place to stand and watch - in the past I have tried The Mound (view obscured by too many trees!) ; Carlton Hill (good, but a bit far away), Inverleith Park (too far away last year as it was misty!) and in the gardens which was by far the best as you could hear the orchestra (although couldn't see them) and you got a nice close up view of the 'waterfall of fire'! :)

Thanks!
"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
best of everything; they just make the best
of everything that comes along their way."
-- Author Unknown --

Replies

• alison74alison74 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Dont have a ticket I'm afraid,

But if you take a radio with you, the music is broadcast live in radio forth 97.3 so you can hear the music as loud as you need it (and it is broadcast live so will still be in time with the fireworks)

This year could be hard to find a good view as Castle Street is shut off as they are doing work to it and because of fear of crushing, they are not allowing viewing on Frederick Street either.

This was in the local paper and I can only work out that there will then be even MORE people trying to watch it from Hanover Street.

They are for sale on Ebay............depending on what you think of the site !
  • competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was thinking of Hanover Street but forgot about the street closures.

I do have a portable radio (personal stereo) so will take that, thanks.

Going rate on ebay seems to be at least £20 for 1 garden ticket!!
    There is a pair of tickets for £1 (ends in 1 hour)
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best place visually to see the fireworks is Inverleigh Park, of course provided it is not misty, this is according to Wilf Smith the guy who organises the pyrotechic (sp?) display.

I have watched them from there one year and for sure he is right. The view is clear and you can see the whole "picture" with no craning your neck backwards while packed together with loads of sweating bodies!

Radio 4 broadcast the music at Inverlieth and you can see that the music and fireworks are in tune with each other.

Having said that I will go the end of the road and get a great view from there albeit the waterfall will just have to be imagined icon7.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News