What am I expecting from my 2nd job interview?

Options
I recently been invited for an interview for a catering job and discovered that the process comes in 2 stages. Because I was successful for the 1st interview I am now shortlisted for the 2nd interview. In the first stage they have already ask me questions I expected them to ask such as, tell me about your yourself? Describe your character? How well you work in the team? Etc. However, I’m curious in what the 2nd stage will be like or what questions I’m actually expecting. Has anyone been through this, what is it like?
Sorry No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2

Comments

• isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Options
    cyberstar wrote:
    I recently been invited for an interview for a catering job and discovered that the process comes in 2 stages. Because I was successful for the 1st interview I am now shortlisted for the 2nd interview. In the first stage they have already ask me questions I expected them to ask such as, tell me about your yourself? Describe your character? How well you work in the team? Etc. However, I’m curious in what the 2nd stage will be like or what questions I’m actually expecting. Has anyone been through this, what is it like?

Cyberstar
    I had no idea that Macdonalds and Gate Gourmet had these high standards.
    Make sure you have eye contact at all times,shoulders up (no slurching in your seat and if Gordon Ramseys there tell him to f...off.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Might just be more of the same - where do you see yourself in five years time as well? Have they done an equal ops question? prepare for one of those if not.

could just be to make sure you can turn up more than once on time, looking presentable etc ...

Search for interviews in this thread and find other useful posts! Sorry have never worked in catering so can't be more specific ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    Dont know about catering, but in other industries the next stage would be working assessment, i.e. team-building exercises, solving related problems etc, to see how you approach a task and if your style fits theirs. Maybe they'll give you a Ready Steady Cook style carrier bag and 20 minutes (though I'm sure on the TV they get longer and they always add extra ingredients that weren't given, sorry I digress) But good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure