Automatic Delivery Refund if Tesco delivery is late (?)

Options
Hi guys, am i right in thinking that if Tesco Home Grocery delivery is at least 1 hour late (after your specified 2 hour slot) are they obligated to refund your delivery payment?

Thanks for any replies.

p.s Sorry if posted in the wrong place.

Comments

• sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    scorpio13 wrote: »
    Hi guys, am i right in thinking that if Tesco Home Grocery delivery is at least 1 hour late (after your specified 2 hour slot) are they obligated to refund your delivery payment?

Thanks for any replies.

I don't think it's an automatic thing, if mine is very late and they don't inform me, I ring and ask for a refund of delivery charge, it does depend what mood the cs person is in though.
  • me4bargains
    me4bargains Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    I use to use Tesco and Asda's online service but found them very unreliable for both in-stock goods and delivery.
    If you do your online shopping using www.mysupermarket.com you'll be suprised at Waitrose's prices.
    They price match with all Tesco's online prices and with me they came up less than £1 dearer than Asda's and cheaper than Tesco.
    In fact they ended up cheaper overall because the delivery was £2 and you got hourly slots.
    They also ring you to let you know they are five minutes away.
    For the cherry on the cake everything is packed according to where it should go in the kitchen and the friendly drivers carry it to your kitchen not dump it on your doorstep.
    Plus, of course, the quality outshines Tesco and Asda.
    Yous should give it a go.
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • scorpio13
    scorpio13 Posts: 449 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use to use Tesco and Asda's online service but found them very unreliable for both in-stock goods and delivery.
    If you do your online shopping using www.mysupermarket.com you'll be suprised at Waitrose's prices.

Yous should give it a go.

TBH i only use Tesco's because of the points!;)
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    scorpio13 wrote: »

Thanks for any replies.

It used to be the case, although not automatic. But the t&c's have now changed stating they are not liable -

"Whilst we make every effort to deliver all your goods in the agreed time, we will not be liable if we fail to do so in part or in full due to circumstances beyond our control."

Though a call to customer service on the inconvienance a late delivery has caused can't do any harm ;)
  • planky
    planky Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    i had a delivery which was 50 mins late once so rang CS and they refunded me the delivery charge straight away :beer:
  • Tams29
    Tams29 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm absolutely disgusted with Tesco delivery service. We ordered our shopping online on wednesday as with a young baby we thought it might be easier to do this then lugging a buggy and a trolley around the store. The first delivery slot that was available was tonight (friday night) at a cost of £5.99 but we thought paying this wasn't too bad for the convenience of getting our shopping delivered to our door. We were previously planning to have a night out (a very rare occasion it seems when you've got a young baby) but decided to get a curry in instead and sat in waiting for our shopping, which was due to arrive between 7 and 9pm. At 8.56pm we received a phonecall from Tesco saying that 'i'm sorry but the van is not coming out again tonight. The next possible delivery slot is sunday evening but if you need your shopping tonight you can make your way over to the depot yourself and pick it up from there' (a distance of 10 miles!). They weren't very apologetic about it and offered us no explanation. If we had wanted to do this then we would have driven to the store ourselves to get our shopping and saved ourselves £5.99 in the process! We told them to cancel the order totally and give us a full refund and at this point they said they'd also put a £5 credit on our Tesco account....big deal! I am very disappointed with their policy and will not be using them again :mad:
  • Jack_Joyce
    Options
    I placed a Grocery order between 12 and 2pm. Its now 2:54pm and I am still waiting. I contacted the Tescos CS team and was told I don't qualify for a refund on my delivery fee of £5.50 unless two hours have passed ie I dont get my delivery until 4pm. Oh joy, only another hour and a bit to wait for a free delivery. Please note it also cost you to ring the CS. They did ask me if I wanted to cancel the order but after waiting for the delivery this long I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face to cancel it.

:eek:
  • heskpesk
    heskpesk Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered an Ipod from Tesco Direct and paid for next day delivery.The item took 3 days to arrive so rang customer service. Got refund of £20 for the hassle
  • JoCJo2
    JoCJo2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco delivery are sh*t. Customer services will usually refund delivery charge etc if late, but you do have to ring.

I use sainsburys now - one hour delivery slots and a £10 voucher if they are late. I got a voucher once when they were 3 mins late! Exceptional service everytime and mostly very few substitutions. If I do decide I don't want anything then refund is processed very quickly. Delivery costs from £3.50, I now collect Nectar points and I don't spend any more than I did in Tesco. Worth a try
  • PeteHerts
    PeteHerts Posts: 957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've ordered online loads of times from Tesco's for me here and at my mum's cos she can't get out and not once has it been late so I must be a lucky punter but I also get money off vouchers online which either means the delivery is almost free or in some cases depending on the cost of the order I've got £13 off so free delivery, a tip for the driver and free goods thrown in.
    Always looking for a bargain and to help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport