how much have u spent 30/08/05?

start it early to get the responses

btw if u come on here and don't see it started feel free to start teh thread!!!

nothing for me as an aim, no reason to buy owt

Will
SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hellooooo.

What a weekend. I have spent SOOOOOO much money. The rest of my Aug "me money", Septembers "me money" (which since im going on holiday for 2 of the weeks, I shoulve been able to save most of this), and some birthday money. OOooops!! I did have a good time, but I hate spending so much on nothing.

Today im being taken out by work for lunch, (free) and tonight getting my legs waxed (which my housemates kindly paid for - what a nice birthday pressie, obviously they were trying to tell me something!! hehe!!), so shouldnt spend any ££££. Then I have Wed & Thursday before I go away, and am hoping to spend as little as possible.

I might even come back with some money from my hol - who knows!!

xx
  • Not aiming to spend anything today - getting a free drink at lunch today from one of my managers!

Had an awful August moneywise, so spent some time last night sorting out my budget for the next two months so I don't have the same trouble next month.

Payday tomorrow though :j :j :j
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi
    Bought some hedge trimmers. Went to B7 Q to get the £9.99 ones but of course they were all gone. They had some for £17.99 which were the cheapest so I got those.
    Also did my online tesco shop last night, though its not delivered ( and so not debited) until tomorrow.

Of course my OH seems to be spending money like it grows on trees!
  • £1.05 on stamps. So exciting. Not.
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

Had an awful August moneywise, so spent some time last night sorting out my budget for the next two months so I don't have the same trouble next month.

Payday tomorrow though :j :j :j

HAHAHA i know exactly what u mean ive gone absolutley ballistic in spending money so have sat down and budgeted out for next month so i think i will have a quiet birthday next month instead of going out and blowing loads of money............

James
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • kingshir
    kingshir Posts: 578 Forumite
    Am very smug as I haven't spent a single penny today!
    I did a bootsale yesterday and earned £50+ and while I was there I bought a beautiful oak chair for £5. I have sanded it down with my (bought in a sale for knock down price) orbital sander and wax polished it (didn't even have to change the upholstery as it is in perfect nick) and am totally thrilled with it! I am having a very good day :D (sorry to say not every day is as good, money wise, as this ;) )
  • roversbabe
    roversbabe Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well, back to work today so its been the usual - 35p toast, 75p coffee and £1.50 on lunch.

£2.60 total and I'm not intending to spend any more
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 027

Debt free: 6th April 06 :T Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • Not feeling too good so £13 on prescription medicine. It is not cheap trying to get well!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure