Invetment and finance

Options
Hi everyone! I am interested in investing in property. I have been advised to start from a fix and sell property. The problems is what size of fund i should be thinking of before starting and how this coud be raised. Can anyone pls tell me what sort of capital could be needed for starting from property like £100k. I have a property of my own but am not sure how much i will be able raise as the property is in a high rise block and find it difficult to remortgage.The block is due to be demolished as part of regeneration in the area and the council will pay all leaseholders market value + 10% compensation. But that will be in about 4 years time. But i want to start this business if i can find a way to raise some finance as soon as possilbe. Any ideas pls?

Your help will be appreciated.

Comments

• abouttimetoo
    abouttimetoo Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Beetee

I'm pretty new to this forum myself but I think that you might have a better chance at replies if you add your question to the 'House Buying, renting or selling' forum or maybe the mortgages one? (this forum seems mostly to be people wishing to pay off the mortgages on their own homes).

That said, I think some of the subscribers on this forum also own Buy to let properties and they are real helpful bunch so might have some advice for you.
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • Daft_Pegasus
    Options
    My advice is that now is not the time to try to invest in property if you're not sure how much you need in order to start out.

However that's only my advice since you come across in your post as not having done much research into your business plan. Concentrate on your business plan, how you will find these properties, how you will fix up them, how you will sell them, the timescales of the whole process, what you'll do for money when it's all tied up in a property that you are struggling to sell, what you'll do when the property is valued at less than you've spent on it, etc, etc, etc.

It is possible to buy that £100K property with no capital fund whatsoever but it takes some planning and hard work.

However post this on the Home forum as suggested by abouttimetoo and you might get some better answers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure