Cheapest eye test

Options
I'm due for a check up in a month or two - I want to get a fresh test and take the prescription away to then get some new cheap onlime specs -I currently wear contacts most of the time.

But where is the cheapest high st charge for a eye test?
What do people pay usually?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• kingarhu
    kingarhu Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :cool: Optical Express are always (as far as I know) free. Dolland and Aitchison were free last weekend as a special offer. I don't know if that is still on though.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    There are loads of D + A free eye test vouchers floating around...here you go

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=72526&highlight=dolland
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks there appear to be no conditions but has anyone used one of these and then just walked off with their prescription ?
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dolland and Aitchison give you a prescription and then pass you over to a sales advisor who tries to flog you frames.

I always say that I will come back when I am wearing my contacts and then cancel the appointment. No problem.
  • FruGal_2
    FruGal_2 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    lolly5648 wrote:
    Dolland and Aitchison give you a prescription and then pass you over to a sales advisor who tries to flog you frames.

I always say that I will come back when I am wearing my contacts and then cancel the appointment. No problem.

Don't they stick you on the celebration card list as well?
  • tinalives
    Options
  • Patr100
    Options
    Hmmm. I've just made the appointment for the free eye test for next friday . My old optician whom I buy my monthly disposables from - is not too expensive for contacts so I' ll probably stick with them supplying the contacts but I would like a glasses prescription so i can get a new pair online. I will have to see what they provide and what I can take away. If necessary I'll pay for a test elsewhere.
  • tinalives
    Options
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Patr100
    Options
    I've just come back from D & A from my free eye test. It was very thorough and then they passed me on to a guy to talk about glasses, as I mentioned I was thinking of getting a new pair. I just said as I didn't have my contact lenses in I couldn't really see well enough to try any frames (which was true) so asked for my prescription to take away to look later or elsewhere . I asked him a few questions about suitable frames. The guy was very easy going there was no hard sell.

-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport