»

Dating dilemma- solutions/ideas please DFWs!!

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Dating dilemma- solutions/ideas please DFWs!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
30 replies 7.8K views
MissShoesMissShoes Forumite
1.3K posts
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
Hi all,

Newly single (happy to be single from him:T but not sure I'm happy to be single if you know what I mean) and now faced with a dilemma- please DFWs reading this- offer some advice or creative solutions!:A

I live in London. I am at a really good stage in my DF journey, feeling happier and more in control. However, in order to get a guy I need to go out! In order to go out I need money...and therein lies the problem!

I'm only 23...I don't want to be single forever!

Creative solutions? I'm not sure there's a website for 'I want a sexy new bloke but he needs to be cool with my DF journey or on a DF journey himself so we can spend loads of DF time together!'

AAAHHH! Can't check this for replies/reply for a bit so please keep posting to keep me bumped! Ta MS xxx:rolleyes:

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
:D DFD 4th July 2015 Happy Independence Day :D

Replies

• RASRAS Forumite
    28.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Despite the recent spouting from ministers, have you considered working in a bar or pub? Good chance of getting chatted up there and you get a bit more money towards your debts?

The other option might be to volunteer close to home or work for something that will get you meeting loads of people - conservation work, campaigning
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • StinkybellStinkybell Forumite
    193 posts
    You can still go on girly nights out - red bull is a particulaly good one as enough of it will get you giggly anyway! Especially if you become taxi service and give your mates lifts home at a fraction of the cost. Even the poorest boys will be in the pub when the footy's not on terrestrial (Man U vs Roma tonight?)
    Chipping away at the mortgage...
    2013:£419k @ 3.14%
    2016:£385k @ 1.79%
    2019:£275k @ 1.84%
    2024: ??
  • Why not use Quidco and Pigsback to join loads of dating sites and earn while you're meeting people???

I know quite a few people who have met via the t'internet...

And are VERY happy!
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • Put an ad in Time Out.
  • Skint_CattSkint_Catt Forumite
    11.5K posts
    I met my wonderful OH on www.freedating.com and we've been together 18m on Friday (6m of those living together). Its free to join, free to chat/message, and then when you meet he can pay to take you out all the time and pay for everything like my darling OH does! :j
  • MissMuppetMissMuppet Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I use www.plentyoffish.com - no luck for me yet, but have had some decent chats and a couple of dates out of it. :)

And it's FREE!
  • MissShoesMissShoes Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks everyone! Joined plentyoffish at midday and had 25 messages so far! Maybe internet dating is the way forward?! Time will tell...

MSxx
    :D DFD 4th July 2015 Happy Independence Day :D
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend internet dating for its sheer DFW-ness - I joined Faceparty almost 6 yrs ago... after several dates I came across a very nice-sounding chap in Feb 2003, we exchanged emails, then met up on 6 April 2003, got engaged when I moved into his house in September 2006 and have just had our 5th anniversary together :D
  • lynsayjanelynsayjane Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Xmas Saver!
    floss2 wrote: »
    I would recommend internet dating for its sheer DFW-ness - I joined Faceparty almost 6 yrs ago... after several dates I came across a very nice-sounding chap in Feb 2003, we exchanged emails, then met up on 6 April 2003, got engaged when I moved into his house in September 2006 and have just had our 5th anniversary together :D

I met my last bf on faceparty too, we were together a year.

A word of caution though (and I'm very shocked this has been mentioned on the email without any words of advice on this), do be especialy careful when meeting people form online, if possible try to do it in a group or at the very least make sure someone knows where you are and who you are with and keep in contact with them throughout the date. There are a lot of strange people out there.

Best of luck x