Bio Oil

Options
Has anyone ever used this? It is supposed to be good for scars, stretch marks and blemishes. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Decluttter 2022⭐Declutter 2023

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've used it and I wasn't that impressed. It takes a long time to do anything, and then that's not much.

For scars I recommend the Elastoplast Scar Reduction Plasters.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• rubytwilight
    Options
    I haven't tried Bio Oil.
    I know that Rosehip Oil (Rosa Mosqueta) is recommended for scars, stretch marks etc. I have used it myself ( scars, i have no stretch marks, hahahahaha)and been quite impressed, if you do a google search their have been studies conducted where it has been rated as being very effective
  • chika
    chika Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I swear by the stuff. I had terrible skin before due to acne scars and other teenage skin. After about six months of using it I rarely wear foundation and my skin glows. My sister uses it for scars and her stretchmarks which have faded significantly after using it.

It will instantly make your skin in a better condition and it should start improving marks after a couple of months. I would definatly reccomend it. Its not cheap but shop around on the internet and you can get it for around six pounds a bottle. To cut costs on using it over your body add a few drops to your usual body cream or a bottle of baby oil.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • akh43
    akh43 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.

It is currently on offer in Superdrug for £7.49 so I may well give it a go as I have a 10% off £10 voucher.

:T
  • Sujamjen
    Sujamjen Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    chika wrote:
    I swear by the stuff. I had terrible skin before due to acne scars and other teenage skin. After about six months of using it I rarely wear foundation and my skin glows. My sister uses it for scars and her stretchmarks which have faded significantly after using it.

It will instantly make your skin in a better condition and it should start improving marks after a couple of months. I would definatly reccomend it. Its not cheap but shop around on the internet and you can get it for around six pounds a bottle. To cut costs on using it over your body add a few drops to your usual body cream or a bottle of baby oil.

Am so glad to read a positive report as I've bought some today!!
  • myrnahaz
    myrnahaz Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter has used it on stretch marks and scars and was overjoyed at the results which were almost immediate. She also said that a little goes a long way.
  • akh43
    akh43 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I went to buy the bio oil today and it came up at £14.99 at till. The girl said I had the large size instead of the one on offer. When I checked that was the only size so the manager gave it me for £7.49, plus I got 10% off.
  • bonvonnie
    bonvonnie Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    I brought some Bio oil, after the birth of my second, but i personally found it very messy, maybe i'm just not an oily person!!!

but i have so read that it can take up to 6-12months of twice daily usage, before it shows any positive results, and with 2 kids, I dont have the time to treat and oil myself.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought some but haven't used it as the scar is on my head, behind my ear, and I don't want to get the pillows oily and it doesn't actually show because it's hidden by my hair ... mind you I may start using it as where they shaved it it's getting very itchy as the hair re-grows. I'll just have to wrap my head up if I start using it, because I would HATE my hair to look greasy!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport