switch to new SHP?

Options
I have an old SHP that was provided by a company I used to work for. I no longer pay in to it - I now contribute to my new companies scheme - & I'm not interested in transfering it to the new scheme (even if I could).

Is there much difference in the performance of SHPs & therefore is it worth looking into transfering to another provider? Is this even allowed? (It would be a bit like transfering a previous years cash ISA to my mind).
Is there any comparison website that lists potential companies to switch to?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there much difference in the performance of SHPs

None at all. The tax wrapper doesnt make or lose money. Its the investments inside that do. You have access to around 38,000 funds (most of which are duplications or insurance company versions) and that is where the differences are.
    is it worth looking into transfering to another provider?
    Possibly depending on how you have your pension portfolio invested at the moment and if it meets your aims or not.
    Is this even allowed? (It would be a bit like transfering a previous years cash ISA to my mind).

It is allowed.
    Is there any comparison website that lists potential companies to switch to?

Trustnet will list all the 2000 odd unit trust funds and around 70% of the pension funds on their fee data.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure