New Post Advanced Search

CSA What a Load of Rubbish

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Child Support
11 replies 3.9K views
sexy_fufusexy_fufu Forumite
758 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Child Support
Hi All,

Well my case as been going on for over a year now.

Anyway everythink got worked out my babys dad got told how much he had to pay what happens he quits hes job for 3 weeks then goes back to work, i then again put in the assesment with the csa they take another 3 months to sort he out he quits work again for 3 weeks.

His Boss is letting him do this................

SO in all im getting no money and he as beat the system is there any action i can take whatsoever cuz this is so annoying.

WHY DOES THE SYSTEM LET MEN GET AWAY WITH IT.........
:ASexy_fufu:A

Replies

• sexy_fufusexy_fufu Forumite
    758 posts
    sorry im having a winge
  • newfunknewfunk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    sexy_fufu wrote:
    Hi All,

Well my case as been going on for over a year now.

Anyway everythink got worked out my babys dad got told how much he had to pay what happens he quits hes job for 3 weeks then goes back to work, i then again put in the assesment with the csa they take another 3 months to sort he out he quits work again for 3 weeks.

His Boss is letting him do this................

SO in all im getting no money and he as beat the system is there any action i can take whatsoever cuz this is so annoying.

WHY DOES THE SYSTEM LET MEN GET AWAY WITH IT.........

hang on, its not just MEN that do this!!!
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
    758 posts
    well why wont he be civilised..........

you know im going to make his life hell.

every 8 weeks im gonna go baxck to the csa to chase him up, so if he wants to play mean he will ghave to keep quitting his job.............
  • newfunknewfunk Forumite
    2.4K posts
    sexy_fufu wrote:
    well why wont he be civilised..........

you know im going to make his life hell.

every 8 weeks im gonna go baxck to the csa to chase him up, so if he wants to play mean he will ghave to keep quitting his job.............

Hvae U not thought about talking to him directly about it, rather than make his life hell, try being reasonable, and not getting irate, see where that gets you..sounds like you have more chance that way, than using the CSA, who are bloody useless!!!
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
    758 posts
    newfunk wrote:
    Hvae U not thought about talking to him directly about it, rather than make his life hell, try being reasonable, and not getting irate, see where that gets you..sounds like you have more chance that way, than using the CSA, who are bloody useless!!!

I have tried being reasonable, i offered him to pay what he can even if its just a pack of nappies or a item of clothing as long as he bes a dad to his daughter.

NOT ALOT TO ASK IS IT....................................

He is a A$$ Hole and the CSA well there as much use as Tony Blair is.
  • horzahorza Forumite
    39 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Next time you speak to the CSA ask them to refer the case to "enforcement". If you can get it referred to them then they will chase him. He is what is termed a "Job Hopper", although if he is stopping and starting the same job his employer may get some stick for letting it happen. Each team has a target for how many cases get referred to "enforcement" and that has been increased recently. Its not the easiest thing for the caseworker to do and he/she will probably have to ask for help but thats not your problem.

The problem is that the management will be pushing for a "stat" on each case, either a "MC" or a "closure", so its easier to close the case when he leaves his job. Not fair maybe but the teams are under a lot of pressure to get quantity rather than quality. Giving good customer service is rarely rewarded, and if you don't hit targets then the pressure is piled on.

HTH

ps. i agree with Newfunk its not only men by a long way. Female non-resident parents are no better. In fact often worse
  • calleywcalleyw Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    horza wrote:

ps. i agree with Newfunk its not only men by a long way. Female non-resident parents are no better. In fact often worse

Personally I would like to see the figures of how many female non-resident parents are paying up.

I think you will find that it will be very few. Because it is normally seen as the men who leave the mother and child and not the the other way around.And to be truthful my husband did not have much of choice if to leave or not as she was messing about with other men.

And CSA was set up to make the fathers pay up.

But how do you get someone to pay when they don't keep a job, an attachment of earnings will not help as they are not staying in job long enough.

What annoys is that all men are tarred with the same brush as being feckless, wasters and scum. My husband has probably been one of the CSA easiest cases. Always pays and lets them know where he is and is truthful. And he was paying her money before the CSA where invovled.

So please before saying that all men get away with they don't. You maybe having a tough time but that does not give you the right to say that.

It is not the system that is fault it is your ex. He obviously had no intention to pay CSA or not. So your ex is the feckless man that ruins it for all the rest that pay.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • calleyw wrote:
    Personally I would like to see the figures of how many female non-resident parents are paying up.

I think you will find that it will be very few. Because it is normally seen as the men who leave the mother and child and not the the other way around.And to be truthful my husband did not have much of choice if to leave or not as she was messing about with other men.

And CSA was set up to make the fathers pay up.

But how do you get someone to pay when they don't keep a job, an attachment of earnings will not help as they are not staying in job long enough.

What annoys is that all men are tarred with the same brush as being feckless, wasters and scum. My husband has probably been one of the CSA easiest cases. Always pays and lets them know where he is and is truthful. And he was paying her money before the CSA where invovled.

So please before saying that all men get away with they don't. You maybe having a tough time but that does not give you the right to say that.

It is not the system that is fault it is your ex. He obviously had no intention to pay CSA or not. So your ex is the feckless man that ruins it for all the rest that pay.

Yours

Calley

i understand what your saying and you are RIGHT, it isnt all men i just wished there was a system in place to stop ppl beating the system.
  • pandas66pandas66 Forumite
    18.8K posts
    You and me both. I completley sympathise with YOUR situation, a deliberate attempt at perverting payments should be fined, old story I get ranting apologies if I go off on one. There should be an easier way of handling these situations when it can be proved a person is deliberatly put out of a job. The worst element, obviously apart from the eternal money worries, is the parent with care has to do all the chasing.
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • horzahorza Forumite
    39 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    pandas66 wrote:
    You and me both. I completley sympathise with YOUR situation, a deliberate attempt at perverting payments should be fined....... There should be an easier way of handling these situations when it can be proved a person is deliberatly put out of a job. The worst element, obviously apart from the eternal money worries, is the parent with care has to do all the chasing.

This is what i was referring to in my previous post, Enforcement can chase him, take him to court, fine the employer etc etc. It can and no doubt will take some time but they can and will do it. The important thing is to get the case referred to Enforcement in the first place as a caseworker does not have any of these powers.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support