insulation

rjh090384
rjh090384 Posts: 2,224 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
has anyone got their cavity wall insulation or loft insulation done? wondering how much u paid and did u find it saved u money and ur house was a bit warmer?

we thjinking about it due to the small grant that u can get and hoping it will save a bit of money in our draughty house.
love you lots like jelly tots :o

Comments

• rjh090384 wrote: »
    has anyone got their cavity wall insulation or loft insulation done? wondering how much u paid and did u find it saved u money and ur house was a bit warmer?

we thjinking about it due to the small grant that u can get and hoping it will save a bit of money in our draughty house.

My mun had her cavity walls insulated a couple of years ago. It was a few hundred quid and was done by a firm from Ards.
    It has made a huge difference in that the bungalow now retains the heat much better. She believes that she is using 50% less oil now. The loft is insulated but wouldnt meet todays standards.
    Good luck
  • we got our semi detached house done (cost £450) and you claim back £150 regardless of income.

Its made a huge difference, heating is on 3hrs a day and the temperature is between 21c and 25c. For the last 2 days we have had no heating due to the pump going, and during that time the temp dropped down to 18c.

Has also made a huge difference in oil (use approx 1200 ltrs a year now)
  • rjh090384
    rjh090384 Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    def going to go for it for when baby comes. cant just wear an extra coat and snuggle under a blanket like we do!!! got a pack of approved people form energy saivng dudes so gonna start ringing for quotes on monday. who did you use nick?
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • peediedj
    peediedj Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    rjh090384 wrote: »

i got both done a few years back,cost nothing as my sons disabled,out house is very rarely ever cold,so must have worked
    Live in my shoes for a week,then tell me your lifes hard!
  • rjh090384 wrote: »
    def going to go for it for when baby comes. cant just wear an extra coat and snuggle under a blanket like we do!!! got a pack of approved people form energy saivng dudes so gonna start ringing for quotes on monday. who did you use nick?
    when im in the craigavon area, and as it happened one of the installation companies are less then 2 miles from the house they did it.

We did it also to save money but also for the baby, we are going to get better radiatiors in august for 3 of the rooms (one with fins) as they radiate more heat/more efficient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure