PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help my tired old sofa

OK, so it's not actually that old - only 5 years.

But the seat and back cushions are filled with hollowfibre, which despite regular beatings, has squashed and gone lumpy over time, leading to a bit of an uncomfortable sitting experience.

Has anyone got any suggestions how to revitalise the filling to unscrunch and unknot it, as I can't afford a new sofa, and don't see why I should have to replace it after only 5 years!

Thanks in advance................
"It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D

Comments

• fruityslh
    fruityslh Posts: 123 Forumite
    Unfortunately that stuff can never be put as new again, I suggest that if you can find an upholsterer who would make you foam cushions to fit your existing covers,
    safefoam.co.uk offer this service on line, it ain't cheap, but it is cheaper than a new sofa.

My gran bought a nice suite with the hollowfibre and she immediately took the cushions to a local upholsterer and had foam ones made, I think it cost her about £90 a sofa.

Or alternatively if the cushions are quite easy shapes and you're good with a breadknife (and creative), buying some upholstery foam off the market and having a go yourself may work.

My sofa is only 2 years old and is going the same way, so I'm starting to save up for foam cushions, as I too expect it to last a bit longer than it has done so far
    Pay all debts by Xmas 12 # 072 £1201.79/£15,105.68:eek:
    2012 Frugal Living Challenge
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #1711
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills