Have you saved £££s and want others to gain from your expertise?

UPDATED NOVEMBER 08
It Pays to Watch - Series 4 - Starts January 2009

A fourth series of Martin Lewis’s MoneySaving series, It Pays to Watch, begins in the New Year and we are looking for people to take part in a new round of filming.

If you have been influenced by Martin’s musings and have managed to save money in any area of your life – we’d like to hear from you.

If you want to take part, email us at [EMAIL="casestudy@moneysavingproductions.com"][email protected][/EMAIL] and please include a contact telephone number.

We're looking for any type of success story in our It Paid to Watch slot from saving ££££s by reclaiming cash, getting the best financial deals or being a bargain hunter who always uses vouchers and discount codes.

Some examples from the last series are:
• Kristina Ostlere who was able to give up work after saving £9,000 with a complete overhaul of her finances
• Deborah Nicholls reclaimed £4,000 in council tax payments
• Denise Thomas saved £1,100 by reclaiming credit card an bank charges, which helped pay for her wedding.
• Jim Little haggled £200 off the cost of his mobile phone bill
• Tony Sell downshifted his food shopping and saved £1,000
• Sam Benipal saved £800 by shopping around for her car and home insurance
Many thanks,
The It Pays to Watch team
Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Replies

• we were reimbursed £35 from Bradford & Bingley after following your advice re mortgage comletion. Thankyou
    We also have taken out an over 65 annual travel insurance recommended by you. Thankyou again.
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got quite a few lots of moneysaving, thanks to Martin and everyone else here.

I know Stephen Leak was featured on IPTW series 2, and the team came to him, but I'm quite a distance from London, and it'd probably be cheaper if I came to them...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    I've got quite a few lots of moneysaving, thanks to Martin and everyone else here.

I know Stephen Leak was featured on IPTW series 2, and the team came to him, but I'm quite a distance from London, and it'd probably be cheaper if I came to them...

Stephen was on Series One. (There's only been the one series so far!) :D

Good luck, MothballsWallet. I hope you get on the next series. It's always good to see people you 'know' on here featured on the programme. :D
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jo, I think there were 2 series - they ran them both back-to-back, so we had almost 20 weeks of Martin and Ruth.

• jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    jo, I think there were 2 series - they ran them both back-to-back, so we had almost 20 weeks of Martinand Ruth.

I see what you mean now, Mothballs. The original run got extended before the series ended. Don't know if that makes it one or two series but I'm not going to split hairs! :D
    15.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jo, Martin'll put us right - it's his production company after all :D

• MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer the above - we've had three series of IPTW

1. First ten progs was series 1
    2. Next ten progs - which ran straight after series 1 was series 2. That's as we were recommissioned after three progs of the first series
    3. The Eight Progs (phew!) we've just done were series 3
    4. Series 4 will be eight programmes starting in January

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals