Electric razor or stick to manual wet shave?

Options
Ever since I've been shaving its been with a normal wet razor, mainly because that's what my dad used.

What are the pros and cons of moving to an electric razor? Also there seems so many of them around, which one should one go for?

Also I get ingrown hairs once in a while. Would moving to electric solve that problem?

thanks
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went 'all electric' many years ago - not groovy going out with little bits of paper stuck to me face and a bit dubious waving anything sharp early in the morning (your mileage obviously varies?).

Have tried the foil types (Remington, Braun) but couldn't get on with them - always felt a bit 'scraped', so have been using the Phillips rotary for many years. I prefer those with 2 heads, but this may be because last 2 have been 2 head (the newer ones seem better than those from 10 years ago).

Main 'con' is you need electricity... I normally pack a rechargeable on hols, but needs an hour's charge if it's gone flat (only happened once) - bit of a pain if you're in a rush.

Can't really help with the ingrowing hairs - don't remember ever having any (cue for hundreds to appear tomorrow).
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote:
    Went 'all electric' many years ago - not groovy going out with little bits of paper stuck to me face and a bit dubious waving anything sharp early in the morning (your mileage obviously varies?).

).

From a womans point of view stick with the wet shave, your partner will appreciate it far more than an electric shave. Added to that watching a guy shave with a wet razor is soooooooooo sexy lol :o:D
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a 3 head phillips electric one, and the shave is never as good, but it's just so much easier and more convenient....

I still wet shave on special occasions tho!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From a womans point of view stick with the wet shave, your partner will appreciate it far more than an electric shave. Added to that watching a guy shave with a wet razor is soooooooooo sexy lol :o:D
    From this woman's point of view, grow a beard! Much softer, all day and night! ;)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • macchicken
    Options
    From a womans point of view, wet shave!
    Its horrible getting jabbed in the face by stubble when all you want is a peck. Theres nothing more sexy than a clean shaven man, make a bit of effort ladies appriciate it.
    unless youe are trying to keep someone at bay in which case.......... electric!
    That mrs macchicken to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport