We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
bankruptcy or iva
Comments
-
Hi again Tiger feet and co,
I already have a cashminder account with the Coop had it for 9 years, about 6p in it I think, so i had best pop in and see them, thinking of opening a post office card account to put my benefits into until after the bankruptcy, not sure on that one yet.
Was going to have my weekly wage put into my prepaid card account but thoght if I did that the OR might treat it like a bank account and freeze that too. I just saw that I could have my benefits paid into my prepaid card account with Tuxedo too.:T better late than never, better to laugh than cry:j0 -
Hi again Tiger feet and co,
I already have a cashminder account with the Coop had it for 9 years, about 6p in it I think, so i had best pop in and see them, thinking of opening a post office card account to put my benefits into until after the bankruptcy, not sure on that one yet. To open up a PO account for benefits only you'll need to contact the benefits agency/jobcentre they will organise a "invitation" letter once you have this take it to the PO and they can open an acc for you
Was going to have my weekly wage put into my prepaid card account but thoght if I did that the OR might treat it like a bank account and freeze that too. The OR shouldnt touch the pre paid card as long as it's not got a huge balance on..you might need to explain what it is though some OR's are a little unsure & think they are credit cards..once they find out what they are its usually ok so they wont freeze I just saw that I could have my benefits paid into my prepaid card account with Tuxedo too.
Glad to see you back tracy
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0 -
just worked out a rough budget for myself not the OR, and found it pleasing, I am going to start my online forms this week,not paying payplan this months dmp payment does not seem much point need to put money aside just i case i need to pay the court fees and not excempt after all.
the only thing that I have done that was silly was borrowed £400 in a blind panic the other day when tax credits and housing benefits stopped from shopacheck ( door step lender) not sure how to play that one, probably best to tell OR the truth that I ended up as a single parent, and had no money, and did not think that at that point i would go bankrupt.
what sort of figures should I put on the form, as currently working full time but part time down to 32 hours from 42, on April 6th so my wages will drop.Do i also put tax credits , my daughters dla and everything.
What sort of figures do I put for spending, I have 3 kids at home 8,11,and 14 eleven year old is disabled I looked at the guide lines but not sure.
For e.g currently pay bt £80 per month which is a budget plan( Balance £240) it goes down over the year, which is talk unlimited line rental and my broadband. Was planning to settle or reduce the balance before bankruptcy so I can pay less a month, but the Or will see I was paying £80 on the bank statement.
Doesnt the list of questions go on ,sorry once again everybody. Ruled out wages onto tuxedo as called them and takes 5 days once you are paid for it to clear.:rolleyes::T better late than never, better to laugh than cry:j0 -
quick update, had letters froom tax credits ref my old joint claim, £800 overpaid , can this go on my bankruptcy???????:T better late than never, better to laugh than cry:j0
-
Hi Tracy, thats a difficult and messy one.
Have a look at this thread and see if it helps you at all http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=691621&highlight=tax+credit+overpayment+bankruptcy
it seems confusing. Maybe, for more advice you could ask for debt doctors help.
PS. like the signature:D but there is a charge for using my name:pThe first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards