New Post Advanced Search

Garibaldi biscuits

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
5 replies 1.2K views
C1aireC1aire Forumite
273 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Does anyone have a recipe for these? I have a real weakness for them (she says, looking at an empty packet...)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Replies

• MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Hi there

Do you know i had never thought of making dead fly biccies before..and i love them :confused:

Just googled, and this is the 1st recipe on the list... think i will have to give them a go too :rotfl:

http://www.recipezaar.com/3405
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • sillyvixensillyvixen Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    dead fly biscuits! yum!! sorry i dont have a recipe - i never thought of making them
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • C1aireC1aire Forumite
    273 posts
    Mrs M, I can't get the link to work, not even if I google it! :(

Can you let me know if the recipe is any good/what it is?
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.
  • MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Hi there ... hope this works :D

I haven't tried the recipe yet..but think i might have to one day this week :p

2 ounces currants or other dried fruit
    1 pinch salt
    1 ounce butter
    4 ounces self raising flour
    1 ounce sugar
    milk, to mix

Chop dried fruit (currants, raisins, sultanas or a mixture). Put flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the butter lightly with the finger tips until no lumps remain, then stir in the sugar.

Add 1-2 Tbs milk to give a stiff dough and turn this on to a floured board.

Pat lightly into shape and roll out very evenly to 1/8 in. thick, keeping the dough a regular shape, then cut in half.

Sprinkle one half evenly with chopped fruit and cover with the other piece of dough.

Lightly flour the board and roll the mixture again until 1/8 in. thick, keeping as square as possible.

Trim the edges and cut into squares or triangles and bake on a greased tray in mod. hot oven @ 400 F. for 15 mins.
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • C1aireC1aire Forumite
    273 posts
    Ooh, I think there should be enough lurking in my cupboard that I could give this a go today... if I unhook myself from the blanket square crocheting for long enough...