We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Main penalties in going Bankrupt

13»

Comments

  • dodecanese
    dodecanese Posts: 422 Forumite
    Good luck Sarah- hope all goes well- let us know how you get on. My OR interview is on 4th April am not looking forwards to it.
    All the best, Dodecanese
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi, I went bankrupt almost 4 years ago,I think the relief of when the phone rings or you hear the post outweighs the negatives mentioned;) ( I hated the phone ringing)
    But regarding insurance, I decided to look for home insurance and on the compare type web sites; the question are you or anyone in your household bankrupt came up.
    I did find with Yorkshire Building Society it didn't:p It still gave me a good price too.
    Bosie
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,147 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    When making a claim with More Than sometime last year I was asked if anyone in our household had ever been bankrupt. At that time I though it was an odd question - it was before I was considering BR and I still don't know what difference it makes unless they think all BRs will make fraudulent claims.

    :j :j


This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.