We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Electron Cards

How many stores accept Electron? I called in at the Co-Op bank today and they said I could have an Electron card if I were to open an account with them after BR. Barclay's however, only offer a Cash Card. Is an Electron card worth having?


Thanks
In the beginning, there was nothing.
The Lord said "Let there be light".
There was still nothing, but you could see it.

Comments

  • hi some people have problems iv not had any and iv now used the card for 6 months, i think someone said onine at tescos u cant use it , i use it in the store though,u can also manage your account online.
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,147 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If your choices are limited an electron card is definitely worth having. Most places do accept it. You could also get a pre paid credit card for places that don't take it. I personallly have a cashplus card and find it very useful. www.mycashplus.co.uk.

    :j :j


  • I have an Electron card, with a cashplus card as back-up. I hardly ever need to use the cashplus card, as only one facility/establishment that I use doesn't take it online, & even then they'll take it if I pay over the phone. :)
  • kpp2002
    kpp2002 Posts: 63 Forumite
    ive had very few problems with it either (but have got a cash plus for emergencies)

    tesco online (its fine in store) dont like it

    and most annoyingly you cant buy traintickets @trainline.co.uk or at rail stations

    other than that the likes of boots, littlweoods, HMV, Virgin media
    all no probs
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense
  • keflady
    keflady Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi

    Re Train Travel and Electron

    I have found this site who accept Electron - you can book most train journeys and operators from there.

    http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/


    Hope this helps
  • sparrabeth
    sparrabeth Posts: 677 Forumite
    The only places I've found that I can't use it are the 'pay at pump' things in petrol stations and at paystations in car parks. I just remember to take some cash out if I know I'm going to use it in those places.
    BSC member 131 :j Now bring me that horizon...


    Misery likes company - that's why we're all on here :beer:
  • Yeah, no problems with Electron card so far. i have made a few online transactions and some sites dont show electron as payment method but i just clicked on visa and it accepted it.

    Some people may say they are rubbish and wont be accepted in a lot of places but now every shop i have been in recently i have a quick look on the credit cards accepted stickers on the machines and all i have seen have said visa electron on them. Asda and instore at Tesco are fine but as others have said the pay at pump petrol stations dont.

    I've also got the prepaid cashplus mastercard for emergencies.
    Life is like a game of Snakes & Ladders, i almost made it to the top but now i'm at the bottom again and its a very long ladder to the top. I had it all and now its gone :eek:
    Well my 6 years are now up, now to start to rebuild my life again

    BSC Member 95
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.