We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with letter template
Izabel
Posts: 108 Forumite
We're getting a lot of hassle from MBNA (I understand they just want there money).
My partner has had 8 - 10 conversations with them over the last month, where he normally ends by putting the phone down as the conversations go round and round in circles. Also getting 2 - 3 letters a week, as he doesn't answer the phone to them anymore.
They won't accept what we can afford, they've had the budget but tell us the figures don't add up etc (I've sent them the printed copy from CCCS) They keep telling us we've got to cut our spending on food, fuel etc. I've already cut it as far a pos, got 2 young children to feed.
I just want to know if anyone has a strong worded template of a letter I can send that says 'this is all we can afford'. I've sent some of the template available but it's not making any difference, they just aren't listening to what we can afford to pay.
Thank you.
My partner has had 8 - 10 conversations with them over the last month, where he normally ends by putting the phone down as the conversations go round and round in circles. Also getting 2 - 3 letters a week, as he doesn't answer the phone to them anymore.
They won't accept what we can afford, they've had the budget but tell us the figures don't add up etc (I've sent them the printed copy from CCCS) They keep telling us we've got to cut our spending on food, fuel etc. I've already cut it as far a pos, got 2 young children to feed.
I just want to know if anyone has a strong worded template of a letter I can send that says 'this is all we can afford'. I've sent some of the template available but it's not making any difference, they just aren't listening to what we can afford to pay.
Thank you.
0
Comments
-
Is your partner going bankrupt? If they are then it doesn't matter much.
If not, then just keep sending what you can afford and have a good read through the factsheet below. It has advice and ideas for letters.
Link: Factsheet | What if a creditor refuses my offer of payment?Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB
IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed0 -
Izabel,
I would advise to stick by your guns and pay what you have been advised by us regardless of whether MBNA like it or not and simply do not discuss it any further with them.
You mention on another thread that you've booked an appointment at Sheffield County Court. I'm assuming that you mean you are petitioning for your own bankruptcy, in which case, the debts will be written off anyway in due course so I really wouldn't worry about trying to keep your creditors happy at this stage.
Regards,
CCCSI am a Debt Counsellor that works for the CCCS and have specific permission from Martin, to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on the CCCS and what it does in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article.
CCCS is a registered charity, and there is no charge whatsoever for any of the services we provide to our clients. We take great pride in offering first class help and advice, but we only offer this where we have been able to fully explore and understand your circumstances with you. We want to help you understand these choices and their possible implications but not make them for you.0 -
Thank you.
We do intend to go BR hoping to have everything in place for the start of May.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards