We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OR letter- bit confused

Hi,
Just a quick question - I got my pack through from the OR today and all the forms/envelope etc. My interview is on 4th April- its says telephone and the guy I spoke to Tuesday said it would be a telephone interview. However, in the pack there is a map showing me where OR office is and a bit of paper telling where to go to sign in. has anyone else had this?? Just wanted to check before I ring them ( think theyll be shut now ) in case I sound really thick.

Just as an aside- I also got a very glossy brochure from a company offering to get my bankruptcy order overturned to save me the "trauma" of being interviewed by the OR and possibly having to do the enquiry in open court bit.
It really highlights the absolute worst case scenario ( if you dont cooperate and end up in court for a BRO). Obviously I chucked it straight in the bin.

They seem to be offering secured loans to pay off the creditors etc- I would rather have the most harsh OR in the world rather than deal with this bunch of sharks- obviously been trawling the Insolvency register.

Comments

  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,542 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    It's a long while since I had my "Welcome Pack" :p through, but I had a badly photocopied map in mine as well I think, despite it being a telephone interview.

    So it's either part of the standard bumpf they send out, or in there by mistake.

    And as you know, the bin is the best place for the glossy [STRIKE]con-trick[/STRIKE] "brochure".
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

    IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    dodecanese wrote: »
    Just as an aside- I also got a very glossy brochure from a company offering to get my bankruptcy order overturned to save me the "trauma" of being interviewed by the OR and possibly having to do the enquiry in open court bit.
    It really highlights the absolute worst case scenario ( if you dont cooperate and end up in court for a BRO). Obviously I chucked it straight in the bin.

    I got something similar yesterday.. turned it into a paper aeroplane, flew straight in the bin :)
    Mine didn't highlight worse case, just said they could overturn it and sort out all my problems (for a small fee of course)!!!
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
  • dodecanese
    dodecanese Posts: 422 Forumite
    Thanks- thats answered my question- maybe theyre just sending all info they can get their hands on. Seems so official ( which obviously it is ), really brings home the fact Im bankrupt. :eek:
  • dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Hi Deco
    Think you will find it's just a normal OR pack as i had a map as well but mine was a telephone interview.
    In regards to the "over ruling your bc" letter.We all get those about 3-5 days after bc. I think they must be logged into some system which alerts them to all newbies and then letters are sent as par to the course. All bumf,bin it.
    Sorry not the OR pack:o .Dalip
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
  • dodecanese
    dodecanese Posts: 422 Forumite
    Thanks Dalip, the map does seems to be the norm from what people are saying. I have binned the "overturn BR " rubbish- I feel sorry for any one getting sucked into that.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.