We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

now my DD's are cancelled..

i will start getting the phone calls .
so if i said HSBC , CAHOOT CITI MINT and BLACKHORSE are my creditors ..
anyone know who are the real mytherers out of this lot ?

Comments

  • Hi jono

    black horse can be persistant if anything dont have experiance of the others though

    GIS
    Official DFW NERD 189

    I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

    Officially declared Br 6/11/06


    Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

    BCSC MEMBER 21
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    HSBC are absolute ba!!!!!!s, they will phone you contsantly, around 20 times a day, from 8am to 9pm, weekends included. Mint aren't so bad. The others I have no experience of.

    HTH
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • dodecanese
    dodecanese Posts: 422 Forumite
    Hi Jono,

    HSBC/First Direct were my bank ( also mort provider) but they didnt know till yesterday when they froze my account. I had a £2k ovefdraft but no other credit- so they were ok(well, they were nice on the phone even saying "do you mind if we withdraw your facilities"?..erm no, dont think the OR would be too happy if I carried on using the card/cheque book somehow). I understand they can be quite persistant though.

    Black Horse- I cancelled DD and it took them a while to catch on- they didnt write/call till I missed the second. They were, however, quick to send a default letter and threaten me with court once they woke up to the fact they hadnt been paid.
    It seems to take 3 to 4 months before anything serious-CCJ wise- happens. I unplugged the phone- a bit wimpish yes- but I was in enough turmoil dealing with bankruptcy without being harangued by some snotty collections dept worker.
  • jono_1uk
    jono_1uk Posts: 160 Forumite
    hsbc payment is due out on april 1st....
    if all goes well i go br the day before !!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.