We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
IPA query
Bald_Runner
Posts: 80 Forumite
I earn a reasonable amount and expect to have to pay an IPA/IPO for three years. However, I could if I wished retire in less than three years and at that time I will receive a pension. Would the OR allow me to pay a 'full and final' payment after 2 1/2 years do you think? Additionally, we really need to keep our current car for medical reasons. It is worth about £3000 (according to Parker's guide). Could I offer a sum of cash at the end of the IPO in order to keep the car?
Thanks
Thanks
In the beginning, there was nothing.
The Lord said "Let there be light".
There was still nothing, but you could see it.
The Lord said "Let there be light".
There was still nothing, but you could see it.
0
Comments
-
Bald_Runner wrote: »I earn a reasonable amount and expect to have to pay an IPA/IPO for three years. However, I could if I wished retire in less than three years and at that time I will receive a pension. Would the OR allow me to pay a 'full and final' payment after 2 1/2 years do you think? Additionally, we really need to keep our current car for medical reasons. It is worth about £3000 (according to Parker's guide). Could I offer a sum of cash at the end of the IPO in order to keep the car?
Thanks
Hi Bald Runner,
If you retire before the IPA finishes then the O.R will review your change of circumstances and either adjust or suspend your IPA accordingly. I've never heard of anybody offering a full and final payment for an IPA, or whether the O.R would accept it.
As for the car, I don't think the O.R would enter into an agreement like that, but it's always worth a go. If you can make a convincing enough argument on medical grounds you may get to keep the car anyway.
Regards
Richard0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards