We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Creditors very quiet

Hello,
Since going bankrupt on Monday I finally plugged my phone back in ( Im a bit of a wimp regarding creditor calls ) - and Ive NO contact whatsoever from creds. did send a token payment earlier this month alomg with CCCS budget ( showing 0 surplus ).
Before I went BR I was absolutely bombarded with calls- now- nothing. Is this normal?? They cant know Im BR yet- so can only assume theyve accepted the £1 payments. Even MBNA who called 10+ times a day have quitenned down.
I know they cant do anything now Im BR but for some strange reason Im worried about getting CCJ papers.
Interestingly- Egg, who I owe £10k+ sent me a really nice letter accepting my £1 payments ( before I went BR)- whearas La Redoute catelogue with a balance of £350 have rejected my offer and passed the debt on to the charmingly named "Droyds" debt collectors.

Also called my bank First Direct today( £2k overdraft included in bankruptcy) - they were so NICE. I cancelled all DDs etc- and even the credit servs rep said "keep your chin up, worse things have happened".
It just seems strange- after being chased/shouted at for so long.

Comments

  • So_Sad_Angel
    So_Sad_Angel Posts: 7,363 Forumite
    Hi,

    Interestlingly I took call from Barclays re OH none payment of 2 months Barclaycard bill who, when I mentioned that advice had been sought, were very understanding & said they had marked my comments & could we update `as & when` which I thought was very reassuring....better that `terrorists` at MBNA & HSBC who I felt were quite strong in attitude!!!

    Ange x
  • FeelingLow
    FeelingLow Posts: 602 Forumite
    i know the feeling, i was being called up to 30 times a day on my mobile, i never answered them but all of a sudden the calls have stopped, i almost want to ring them & ask if they dont love me anymore as i miss their calls lol

    seriously though for me its a bit weight lifted!
    :)BSC Member#99:)
    :mad: [strike]Smoke Free 02/05/08[/strike]:mad:
  • The post has been very boring this week, i've had no chasing letters at all. Barclaycard are still calling everyday, Lloyds tsb haven't been in contact since i sent them a copy of my BR order a couple of weeks ago.
    Life is like a game of Snakes & Ladders, i almost made it to the top but now i'm at the bottom again and its a very long ladder to the top. I had it all and now its gone :eek:
    Well my 6 years are now up, now to start to rebuild my life again

    BSC Member 95
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Went bankrupt on monday as well and spoke to two of my creditors, one I hadn't spoken to before for a two year old debt and they were both really pleasant when i told them my situation, makes a change from the threatening calls .. the other two, one i had a ccj which was supposed to start on the 1st haven't called yet which is a bit surprising!
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.