We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hello everyone - three months on and here she is
loopy_lou1
Posts: 196 Forumite
Hiya everyone
How are you all?
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but there's not really been anything to post. I am now into the third month of my bankruptcy.
I am FINE. I am not scared to answer my phone anymore. I buy "two for ones" and I look after my money and manage quite nicely on my wages. What a relief.
I have a question and then some news. How do you find out about ED? Are you informed by your OR? I've heard nothing from mine at all. That is fine by me.
I told you I don't like my job. Well, I got my finger out and I applied for a job. One that I thought I'd like as an administrator in education. I was thinking this morning - I haven't heard anything and I applied nearly three weeks ago. I have had a lovely, lovely day and I finished work early, made a delicious dinner and spent the evening with my mum. As she was going to bed I opened my emails. I have an interview on the 4th April!!!!!!! I am a little bit scared. I don't want an IPA. I think I might get one if I earn too much now. I don't know.
Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose. I haven't got the job yet. It's permanent and ideal for me but a lot of these things are "inside jobs" but I am qualified for it and the hours are great and I don't have to listen to moaning all day like I do now.
Rest assured I am great and it's all thanks to a lot of people here.
Cheers - 2008 is not too shabby.
Love Lou x
How are you all?
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but there's not really been anything to post. I am now into the third month of my bankruptcy.
I am FINE. I am not scared to answer my phone anymore. I buy "two for ones" and I look after my money and manage quite nicely on my wages. What a relief.
I have a question and then some news. How do you find out about ED? Are you informed by your OR? I've heard nothing from mine at all. That is fine by me.
I told you I don't like my job. Well, I got my finger out and I applied for a job. One that I thought I'd like as an administrator in education. I was thinking this morning - I haven't heard anything and I applied nearly three weeks ago. I have had a lovely, lovely day and I finished work early, made a delicious dinner and spent the evening with my mum. As she was going to bed I opened my emails. I have an interview on the 4th April!!!!!!! I am a little bit scared. I don't want an IPA. I think I might get one if I earn too much now. I don't know.
Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose. I haven't got the job yet. It's permanent and ideal for me but a lot of these things are "inside jobs" but I am qualified for it and the hours are great and I don't have to listen to moaning all day like I do now.
Rest assured I am great and it's all thanks to a lot of people here.
Cheers - 2008 is not too shabby.
Love Lou x
BSC No 60
Wednesday 12.12.2007
Wednesday 12.12.2007
:j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j
0
Comments
-
Hi Loopy Lou,
I`m new to site & getting to know everyone. My OH is going BR & I am trying so hard to manage in the situation. Had some really good support here & hope to `sort everything` & hoping to retain some sanity throu it all. I`m s o fed up with calls asking if OH is home...excuses include ..divorce, hospital & even that he had died on one occasion!!!!! strange as it was MBNA who then called an hour later asking for him again!!!!
Great news re the job & let us know outcome ...sounds like life is getting better for you.
Easter Hugs Angel x0 -
Hi Lou.

That all sounds very good.
I'm glad you are so much happier.
The OR/examiner will sometimes mention in passing that your case has been marked as suitable for ED, but if not then the first you might hear about it is if/when a letter mentioning it with a fresh IPOQ drops through the door.
For a few people not even that, and they suddenly get the notice of discharge through. But if you are working they will normally want to do the IPOQ first.
But with everything so busy at the moment, nothing is guaranteed.Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB
IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed0 -
Hiya Lou good to hear from you. glad things are going well,
Good luck with the interview. If you get the job your I&E will change as you will have extra travelling and clothes etc.
So let us know and we can see what we can do. BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0 -
Thank you thank you thank you.
I suppose I will need suits and things for work. And extra fuel for meetings? Supplies?
OMG you're all so kind. I could not have got through any of this without all of you and that's not to sound dramatic. It's the truth xBSC No 60
Wednesday 12.12.2007
:j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j
0 -
Hi Lou,
You have made me feel glad that I have found this forum at this difficult time for me. Good place to get suit is Autonomy or ebay..when you go to interview ask about expenses & what can claim back.
Good luck, Angelxx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards