Hampshire - Fire Check and Alarms

Options
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service offer a free home check and smoke alarm fitting service. I had mine yesterday and it is worth it for the peace of mind, they check general fire safety and then fit additional alarms if you need them.

And if you have kids they may even let them look at the fire engine - my boy had the time of his life!

Tel: 023 8062 6809

or
http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/prevent/homesafety/hfsc/index.html

Comments

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the details.

I've moved this over to the England board, as this is a regional offer.

I think most areas offer a similar service so it might be worthwhile to check with your local fire service where you live. :)
  • ashmit
    ashmit Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I just sent the following email to my friends and family and wanted to post it here as a heads up to everyone.

I was on a fire awareness course a couple of weeks ago and found out that all fire brigades in the country will come out and do a fire safety check at your home for free. If you don't have a smoke alarm (or if you don't have enough for your house) they will fit them for you for free and with ten year batteries too. In my case they also replaced my present alarm because it wasn't very good.

They have just come out to do mine this morning and have fitted an extra alarm and checked that we have escape routes planned etc and it's really good - and doesn't take very long.

I can highly recommend that you all take advantage of this as it could save your life - and having seen a video of a fire in a typical living room, this isn't an exaggeration.

Just phone your local fire brigade and they'll be able to put you through if you ask for a fire safety check for your home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure