We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Causes of bankruptcy, what do you think?
potofgold
Posts: 27 Forumite
Hi, I have just completed the causes of bankruptcy with following:
An injury in 2005 resulted in me being unable to work for a substantial period and therefore loss of pay, Credit was used for day to day living expenses which mounted up and then following this is when the problems started with being unable to manage my debts.
In 2006 I entered into an IVA to try and resolve the situation I was in financially as although I had been able to return to work partially since the original injury it was impossible to catch up and another injury late in 2006 into 2007 resulted in more time off work without pay and the eventual failure of the IVA in 2007.
Also in mid 2006 the tenancy on my rented property ended and this resulted in moving to a new rented property but all expenses were higher, as had been in the previous property for 4.5 years with no rent increase in that time and low bills, this did not help the situation.
Since then I have been trying to resolve the financial situation but have found it impossible and have followed advise from CAB & CCCS to declare bankruptcy.
Is this ok or too much waffling on?!
Thanks for your help x
An injury in 2005 resulted in me being unable to work for a substantial period and therefore loss of pay, Credit was used for day to day living expenses which mounted up and then following this is when the problems started with being unable to manage my debts.
In 2006 I entered into an IVA to try and resolve the situation I was in financially as although I had been able to return to work partially since the original injury it was impossible to catch up and another injury late in 2006 into 2007 resulted in more time off work without pay and the eventual failure of the IVA in 2007.
Also in mid 2006 the tenancy on my rented property ended and this resulted in moving to a new rented property but all expenses were higher, as had been in the previous property for 4.5 years with no rent increase in that time and low bills, this did not help the situation.
Since then I have been trying to resolve the financial situation but have found it impossible and have followed advise from CAB & CCCS to declare bankruptcy.
Is this ok or too much waffling on?!
Thanks for your help x
0
Comments
-
Sounds good...not waffling its well written & gets the point across pretty well. if you feel the need to add anything extra you can always use the blank ano other information sheetsWe all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will0
-
that sounds fine to me too mine was like an essay!
BSC Member#99
:mad: [strike]Smoke Free 02/05/08[/strike]:mad:0 -
Thanks for your reply,
Glad it sounds ok. I was thinking of submitting the form with this basic information and then when I send the information as requested to the OR enclosing another sheet with a bit more detail as they will no doubt require more information. Is this a good idea?
Thanks again guys x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards