We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Just wanted to wish Got2change all the best for tomorrow!
AmIdone4?
Posts: 405 Forumite
I've noticed Got2change has just signed off, but best wishes for tomorrow on your BR;) (just read it in another thread!).
Hope you read this in the morning. All the best.:D:D:D
Hope you read this in the morning. All the best.:D:D:D
0
Comments
-
Best wishes for tomorrow G2C. I am sure you will be fine.
Don't forget to take something to read, a drink/snack or some money for the drinks machine.
Oh! and don't forget your petition
BSCno.87The only stupid question is an unasked oneLoving life as a Kernow Hippy0 -
All the best for tomorrow.
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB
IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed0 -
Good luck, thanks for taking the time to post on my thread
You'll be fine xx0 -
Ah - I am SOOO touched by the messages that I have (sorry, only just) read to wish me luck for today.
Because I had left so much to the last minute and because for some reason I simply had to vacuum the landing (why?) and because size 10 doesn't bleeping fit any more, I didn't have the chance to even log on this morning as my appointment was at 10:30 and my train leaving at 9:19 from the next village. I got into such a panic that I actually had chest pains in the taxi between the station and the Court and really started to fear for my life :eek:. Then they stopped - phew... - and I scurried though the metal detector with three minutes to spare.
Everything went very smoothly - the Clerk who went through the forms was an absolute star; I still hadn't received the letters re JSA and HB but the letter that came with my giro yesterday served as proof so, along with every single piece of evidence (and more) that my annual income is £6000 (!!!!), I was allowed the exepmtion from the Court Fee so have £150 to send back to Mother which should please her no end.
Even though I went through to the District Judge's waiting area and the Clerk (I never got her name) warned me there might be a wait because it's "Small Claims Day", she reappeared quite quickly with the form signed by the Judge and the BR granted. A short while later I got the paperwork and "left the building"...
I have already called the Council re. Council Tax and it has been noted on my file and the bailiff called off (I hope); I have received my new Co-op Acount details and Electron card and my Virgin prepaid Credit Card. I have emptied the Halifax Account, received JSA by giro and given new bank accountdetails to the HB/CTB office. In one sense, I am more organised than I have ever been in my life and that in itself is a great feeling.
I also feel less alone (even though IRL is pretty dire in that regard) than I have in quite some time,thanks to here. Although my CAB advisor is the one who prompted me to actually go through with the process of BR, I would - despite his involvement - have been hugely under-informed had it not been for this site, which I found in the nick of time I think.
I felt a lump in my throat when I swore on the Bible; I shed a few tears on the train home when the grimy city outskirts gave way the the fields that welcomed me home - and I feel my vision blurring when I write this and it hits home how very important the support, encouragement and non-judgemental environment that this site generally and this thread specifically offers.
I am rambling now and there is more I want to say but I want to post this so that those who sent me messages don't think that I'm being ignorant -although I'm probably safe for 30 minutes because Martin is just about to come on TV.
I'm off to watch (because it pays to
) but will be back later.
Thank you thank you thank you again.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBlonde: Unemployed: Bankrupt.
What do I know?
0 -
Congratulations Got2change!:)
Brilliant, and you sound ultra-organised to boot! Also seems that the BR has had a big impact (I can feel the positive vibes down my broadband cable!:D).
Well Done!!:T:T0 -
Thanks again AId4....
I do sound organised don't I? Believe me, I'm not really.
I have always boasted about my second-to-none organisational ability - but that was in a work environment (and now unemployed; go figure). As far as my own life, spent much too much time with my head in the sand - and therefore my a**e sticking up in the air
! Got booted in it big time. Blonde: Unemployed: Bankrupt.
What do I know?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards