'Which type of unwell are you?' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's “Which type of unwell are you?” blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's 'Which type of unwell are you?' Blog.
Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say a "bed unwell" for the rest of the day then tomorrow you might feel better for it :):)

• frannyannfrannyann Forumite
    11K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better soon, I am currently home unwell, been sent home for trying to go to work today!!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:

• Get well soon.

As for tomorrow, the show must go on or at least that is what they say in the entertainment business. :)
  • Careful_with_that_AxeCareful_with_that_Axe Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there should be a new category - "Man with a Cold" Well. Nobody's ever as ill as a .......... etc

Friend sent me to get cough mixture for him when pharmacist asked what sort of cough he had, I could only reply in honesty - an annoying one!
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what the health problem is. If it's kidney failure, stay off work. If it's due to a germ which has hit half the population, crack on.
    Studio triggered adrenaline is powerful medicine.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get along to the studio, just start by explaining that you are not feeling 100% and then let Ruth carry the show. I'm sure people will understand.

If it is a fluey type thing, you could try dosing yourself up on the strongest over-the-counter meds available, and hope for the best.

If you really feel rotten, stay at home, phone them early tomorrow and suggest they show a couple of the early "IPTW More" sessions, that the majority of people won't have seen.

Get well soon!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• piglet29piglet29 Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    get-well-soon-1.gif
    A freebie a day sends a smile my way!
    Night Owl member No 9 :kisses2:
    I Started out with nothing.....still have most of it left:o
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get Well Soon Martin :)

In case you aren't studio well by this afternoon, could a certain stoozer fill in? Would anyone notice? I probably wouldn't... :whistle: :D
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• vixmixvixmix Forumite
    17 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Your post reminded me of a GP I had as a child.

I live in a small mining town in Scotland with a tight community and the GP, Harry Wright, was one of the 3 town doctors who operated out of his own house. He would have a morning surgery and pretty much the rest of the day he would visit his patients. He use to tell me that there were three types of unwell:

NO WEEL - not feeling very great, required to see the doctor

AFFY NO WEEL - worse than "no weel" and requires doctor to visit house

DEE'IN - requires doctor to visit house very soon.

He would often be disturbed in surgery with the cry of

"Come quick doctor, It's Agnes, she's affy no weel, in fact she's dee'in"

Excuse the colloquialism, hope it's not lost in translation!!
  • Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of which leads neatly to the old Scottish remedy involving a hot whisky toddy and a bowler hat.

1. Place the hat at the foot of the bed.
    2. Place yourself and the toddy at the top of the bed.
    3. Take a sip of the toddy.
    4. Look at the hat.
    5. If there is only one hat, go to stage 3. Repeat until there are two hats. :smiley:

Get well soon.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides