'Even I’m not immune to the power of loyalty cards.' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's “Even I’m not immune to the power of loyalty cards” blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• Gasman2
    Gasman2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    I suppose what you ought to do is work out how much each stamp is worth (1/8 the cost of a 'poncy' decaf latte) and decide whether effectively buying your latte at 8/9 of full price is enough to influence where you want to breakfast on that occasion.

Or am I just being too analytical??!!
  • Martin, I will demotivate you. Have you SEEN what decaff can do to you? Follow this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4444908.stm
    Does that help? :-)
    Be nice to people who are on their way down
    You never know when they are going to pass you on their way back up again
    You cannot light your own candle by blowing out someone else's
  • As long as it doesn't change your behaviour enough to mean you shun a cheaper cup elsewhere then it's ok. As you often say with credit cashback deal "continue your usual spend" and reap the rewards.

Cheers
    Simon

PS Isn't there free coffee in the green room upstairs?
  • Coffee in our local Weatherspoons has gone up to the horrendous price of 89p per cup but they do give you your 6th one free.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,863
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    buy the first 8 cups at your internal starbucks and save the 9th for when you at a real store!

I never knew that internal starbucks existed, @ half price too!

Any other internal stores around?

Dreaming of internal car showrooms, jewellery stores......
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure