PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Car Boot Sales !!!!!!!

Options
Not sure if its been mentioned already, but is anyone else enjoying the carboot season ??!!

Doing one in the morning, just loaded the car up (hope it doesn`t get pinched in the night!) and praying for some good weather !

It`s amazing just how much cr*p I seem to accumulate during the year !!
Debt Free Jan 2010!
(Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
:j

Comments

• jazzyjustlaw
    jazzyjustlaw Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    Options
    Well a couple of weeks ago myself and my partner went to a bootsale quite a big one. We were concerned that we only really had rubbish and wondered whether we would cover our entrance fee.

Guess what we made about £100.00 although I did get my lil sisters lil ones a game and I just realised I forgot to give it to her. So thanks for the reminder liz_uk. We also spent a bit of money on lunch at about 8.30 in the morning.

I do like buying and I love rummaging.
    All my views are just that and do not constitute legal advice in any way, shape or form.£2.00 savers club - £20.00 saved and banked (got a £2.00 pig and not counted the rest)Joined Store Cupboard Challenge]
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

I love going to them but the wont be on round here tomorrow as its rained for 3 days and the fields where the two are on will be sodden.

I also done a carboot earlier in the year and got over a £100 for stuff i was going to give to the charity shop.

Good luck in the morning liz hope you make plenty of dosh

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • shelagh
    shelagh Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    hi Jaffa,
    I know what uyou mean about the weather its absolutely horrendous today here, Sunny Sunderland, and the car boots will be like mud baths. However, why not come to the Air Show here there are usually loads of bargins on the exhibition groud; free dog food, bowls, Warburtons bread bags loads of goodies for a quid which goes to charity. Come on down the weathers horrible but the Mackems are great!!!
    Shelagh.
    p.s. if your a Mag. supporter forget this invite!!!Ha Ha only joking!!!!
  • Sujamjen
    Sujamjen Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    DD and I are doing one in the morning too and like you, have just loaded up the car. We have only had one shower here (Coventry) today so I'm hoping there won't be rain during the night (it's not forecast, but what do they know;)) The most we've made has been £80 but during the VERY hot weather the takings went right down - there were lots of folk around but no-one was buying much. Hope the cooler weather will improve the spending urge, especially as I'm selling a load of Xmas decs tomorrow :p
    Good luck everyone :beer:
  • jaffa30
    Options
    Hi Shelagh

Lol for my sins i am a mag but plz dont hold that against me.
    I was actually thinking of the air show tomorrow i was there a few years ago and loved it.

Do you get to seaham carboot i try to most weeks if not i bite the bullet and get up early and go to batleys.

I would like to wish Sunderland all the best for the coming season

But i cant find it in my heart to do so :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jaffa in a damp and bloody awful Low Fell
  • shelagh
    shelagh Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Heart? What Heart? Mags don't have them do they?
    No I haven't been to Seaham car boot but My Mam and Dad go most weeks. Strawberry Fields I believe its called!! But I intend to get myself there someday. Do go to the air show though we go every year and its great. There is so much work that goes into these events and then they are spoiled by the weather. I would go just to support them as the N.E. needs to keep putting on these events in order to show the rest of the country just what we have here. Although I don't want to advertise too much or our great standard of living up here will be found out and we'll be invaded by The Poeple From The South!!!! Did you go to the Tall Ships events ? Wednesday night was brilliant. I can recommend the Big Wheel thingy, its fab. Anyway go to the Air Show tomorrow you'll not regret it.
    Shelagh.
  • jaffa30
    Options
    I will defo have a look down tomorrow touch wood it will be a clear day for it.
    I was at the tall ships on tuesday it was a great i didnt go on the big wheel being a mag we are scared of heights ( check the league postion we finsihed in ).

You are right we dont want to be invaded by ppl from the south lol, they wouldnt like the weather up here any way.

Jaffa
  • jordylass
    jordylass Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not wanting to hijack it to the north east but I've Been down to Batleys this morning and only dvd bootleggers down there.
    I'll probably head down to Seaham if it doesn't rain anymore.
    There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
  • ancasta_2
    ancasta_2 Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    jaffa30 wrote:
    Jaffa in a damp and bloody awful Low Fell

Im in an equally damp and squelchy washington!

My mam and dad live like 2 seconds away from Batleys so i used to go whenever it was on. Bit gutted we couldnt get through to the air show like with the rain and mist.

Hopefully when he move house in sept/oct we are going to ebay the decent stuff and hang on to the rest for the next car boot season, or find an indoor one.
  • woeisme
    woeisme Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I am doing my first car boot next weekend, you all sound like you are experienced so does anyone have any "to do/not to do" bits of advice for me? Many thanks.
    They call me Mr Pig!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport