hassle the virgin.......

Options
.... we are on virgin media for everything bar the mobile. We were on the VIP package up until 2 weeks ago when we decided to cut it if we could to save some money. We did this by chopping the movies, sports and downsizing from VIP to large tv but small everything else for a cost of £62.95 a month.
Anyway, checked out Sky and a comparable package but with the sky sports and movies would only be £45 plus we would have to have a BT line at £11 a month totaling £56pcm.

So I gets onto virgin and tells them that i am thinking of moving to sky for the better package / price. Also that i didn't want to as it's owned by rupert murdoc and also the fact that they took sky one off virgin etc but I am in trouble with money so I need to sort it out. What could you ( virgin) do to keep me.

They gave me the VIP package for £53 pcm.......This saves me £10 on my cut down price but I get XL tv, xl broadband, free phone calls, virgin +box and a second standard box for upstairs and sky sports 1,2,3,4 but not the movies...... and a happy little bunny of a wife who is an anorak for football....

... go on hassle a virgin tonight.....

Comments

• headoutthesand
    Options
    I phoned earlier tonight to get my package price reduced and was offered a 'loyalty discount'.

We now have:

XL broadband
    Talk all the time phone package
    XL TV package
    V+ box
    extra box in main bedroom

we're now getting that for £41 a month. I'm well chuffed. my bills this time last year were approx £130 per month (that was pre LBM though)
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • jules68
    jules68 Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    I am on the 3 for £30 package plus I payy £7.95 for anytime calls sp when I phoned them up the other day they said I was on the cheapest one, so no saving for me!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure