How long does it take the OR to contact your creditors

Options
I ask this as on my interview on Tuesday (12 days after BR day) he said he hadn't contacted any yet, i thought this was the 1st thing they did to stop the harasment:confused: i thought they had as i had a letter from Capitol one before my interview saying they had been told i was BR and that they would deal with the OR from now on but Barclaycard have been calling several times everyday.

I actually answered the phone this evening as we had company and i didnt want them hearing an answer phone message being left by barclaycard or tesco or tsb (last 2 keep calling for my OH even though they have been informed she is going for an IVA), it was Barclaycard wanting me to make an emergency debit card payment of £480 on my card account, i was quite surprised how pleasent the guy was when i said actually you should now have been informed that i was declared BR on the 14th, all he asked was what court and my reference number and that was job done, he didnt even want the details of my OR.
Life is like a game of Snakes & Ladders, i almost made it to the top but now i'm at the bottom again and its a very long ladder to the top. I had it all and now its gone :eek:
Well my 6 years are now up, now to start to rebuild my life again

BSC Member 95

Comments

• skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    My BR was 10 days ago and my bank accounts have been informed (as I had a letter from one today about it). Also I have had no letters at all from any creditors all week - which is unusual as I look forward to seeing my postie!

My real OR interview will be on 17th March (had a five minute call after seeing the Judge on the day)

I suppose it depends on how busy the OR is. Also I am on benefits so as an IPA (etc) is not going to be put into place, therefore I am not "priority". (Assumptions here!)
  • missimaxo
    Options
    The OR has up to 8 weeks after the date of the order to inform your creditors, sometimes they can actually delay this to 12 weeks.

They will get a "Report to creditors" out as quickly as they can, but due to the shear number of bankruptcies they usually send it out at 6-8 weeks.
  • missimaxo
    Options
    There are a few exceptions..... banks get notified within 24 hours (just in case you have a large credit balance - it does happen!

Of course larger creditors may read about it when it is advertised in the local paper/ London Gazette.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thats another thing - I was in the paper already this week! I was surprised as the OR assistant said this would not happen until they had organised things correctly at their end and would take a few weeks.
  • empty_wallet_2
    Options
    I'm guessing they have informed Natwest as not heard bean from them, not even from the financial review meeting they booked for me prior to my BR that i didnt go to last Saturday, RBS are still sending me strong letters telling me to contact them immediately to discuss the unsatisfactory condition my account is in, pity i forgot to update my phone number oh and address when i moved 6 months ago.
    Life is like a game of Snakes & Ladders, i almost made it to the top but now i'm at the bottom again and its a very long ladder to the top. I had it all and now its gone :eek:
    Well my 6 years are now up, now to start to rebuild my life again

BSC Member 95
  • dalip
    dalip Posts: 7,045 Forumite
    Options
    EW
    I went bc in nov and last wk i still had a call fom one of my creditors.I had a catalogue account with 2 accounts numbered 72 &73(both mine) not chasing me for 72 but ringing and wanting proof of bc for acc number 73! Me thinks the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I think i read somewhere in the bumf they give you that they will contact all creditors withinn 8 wks of bc. I know it took a couple of wks for them to inform my bank. Should all go quiet very soon with luck.Dalip
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    Laugh at yourself and others laugh with you.Laugh at others and you laugh alone. BSC No 107:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure