We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Case of wine by post, or buy locally?

Options
I was sent an offer today by Laithwaites, giving me the chance to buy 15 bottles of wine, mixed or same colour for £45 incl postage.  Thats £3 a bottle.  The big question is..........
Is the wine any good?  Or is it better to pop down the local offy and get 3 bottles of your favourite for a tenner?
I would not normally consider a case but Christmas is coming and I could get all my table wine in one go.
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences?
NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!

Comments

• Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would totally recommend laithewaites - personally I think for for money the wines are far superior than anything you would get from the offy or the supermarket - the reason being that they buy direct from the supplier and have a good reputation with the decent growers - so they get the pick of the crop, and because they buy direct they don't have to pay wholesalers.

Definitely give them a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport