'The MoneySavingExpert.com Charity Fund… getting there' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "The MoneySavingExpert.com Charity Fund… getting there” blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• missymugwump
    missymugwump Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Having read this article I am very interested in what is available to me to train as a debt counsellor
    Does anyone know of any good resources for info on such courses
    The financial help would make it viable

I will be losing my job this year & having been through 10 years of debt a DMP & finally bankruptcy I would love to share what I have learnt

Thanks
    :o
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • Great about the charity.
    How can I get in touch to put a children, young people’s concept forward – the charity may be interested in this concept prior to its launch.
  • reelcrazy
    reelcrazy Posts: 408 Forumite
    Can I suggest that the MSE Charity registers with HMRC for the SA Donation scheme where individuals who are owed a tax refund on the SA system can give directly to MSE Charity.

Also, please let us know when the Charity are able to accept Gift Aid payments and Payroll giving payments. Many of us would be interested in giving something back.
  • I've lurked for a while but this is my first post, so please be gentle ;-) If you're interested in getting involved with debt advice, I'd suggest you seek out your local advice centre or organisation that does money advice and ask if you can come along and help out. I know the Centres I've worked with are always looking for volunteers who can spare an evening or half day every few weeks.

In terms of training the courses run by AdviceUK under the WiserAdviser brand (they also train CAB staff) are the most well known. The charity I help out with - Community Money Advice - also does training for volunteers who want to get involved in debt advice but aren't able to access the WiserAdviser training. PM me if you want more info. Costs shouldn't be significant - I know we only charge £40 / day and I think WiserAdviser is similar for non members (members of CAB or AdviceUK organisations get the training for free)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure