eden project £5 all year if local ends 9th March

surfsister
surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you live in Devon or Cornwall and are looking for something to do with the family this week then head to the Eden Project and it'll cost you just £5 to get in. Plus that entry fee will entitle you to free entry for a year. All you need to do is take proof of where you live and photo ID. The offer ends on Sunday 9 March.

Thanks for the top spot surfsister. Back to your original post....

Locals for a fiver
five.jpg
Offer available until Sunday 9th March

Our Locals for a Fiver deal runs until Sunday 9th March.

Please bring proof of residence in Devon or Cornwall and photo ID and you will be able to get full entrance to Eden for an amazing £5 - this is payable on arrival and can't be purchased in advance.

Amazing as this is, it gets better - your admission ticket can also bring annual membership, just pay admission once and you can visit as many times as you like for a whole

http://www.edenproject.com/3254.html

thanks to (uk hotdeals for the info!)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Hi do you know if they take your photo when you get there or do you need to take a passport photo with you. Thanks
    :j
  • I live in Devon but I was told this offer only applied to residents of Cornwall?
  • It works for Devon as well - we live in Devon and we took our drivers licences and they were happy - so were we for a fiver each... and the Ice Rink will be open from March 20th to April 20 (I think) for the Easter Hols - £4 for 40 minutes session - the kids love it, and now with free admission it's a good day out in the holidays...
  • tlck9
    tlck9 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to remind everyone that you can get Eden project tickets via Tesco clubcards as well

Weekely savings for Cornwall, check out the west britten and Cornish Guardian, last week you got a free ferry trip and umbrella
  • The Eden Project was largely funded by money from national organisations; very little was contributed by people living in the locality.

People living in Cornwall and West Devon benefit from jobs at the Eden Project.

Residents of Cornwall and Devon already have the benefit of living close enough to make a day trip. The rest of us have to holiday in the area or at least spend money on an overnight stay. We are most likely to do this when the crowds at the site are massive.

These are all reasons why this preferential rate is grossly unfair.
  • kimbo_kim
    kimbo_kim Posts: 55 Forumite
    something nice for us in this part of the world instead of our very over priced water,houses and our low wages :eek:
    :hello: :kisses3:

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member 202
  • The Eden Project was largely funded by money from national organisations; very little was contributed by people living in the locality.

People living in Cornwall and West Devon benefit from jobs at the Eden Project.

Residents of Cornwall and Devon already have the benefit of living close enough to make a day trip. The rest of us have to holiday in the area or at least spend money on an overnight stay. We are most likely to do this when the crowds at the site are massive.

These are all reasons why this preferential rate is grossly unfair.

We also have the highest water rates in the country to pay for the huge amount of coastline, and we pay through council taxes for the infrastructure which holiday-makers are able to enjoy. A large proportion of houses are second homes & pay reduced council tax, further increasing that paid by residents. Wages are also lower in this part of the country.

We don't get many cheap days out because prices are often inflated for tourists.

From Eden's point of view, it gets local people there more often (albeit cheaply), to spend money in the shop & cafes which we might have spent elsewhere.
  • tlck9
    tlck9 Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but I noticed recently an offer that came through the mail, for the NEC - it was only available to people who received the offer in certain postcodes

if someone from Cornwall wanted to go there they would have to go "on holiday" and pay full price as the deal wasnt available unless you were in the right postcode and have to put up with the state of the roads, the lovely public transport and the lovely M6

A tip to holiday makers, buy the local newspapers which give huge discounts on the tourist attractions, which arent available to the locals, as they are usually the ones serving you while your on holiday!!!

ps try to holiday at quieter times or visit attractions like the locals due, 1st thing in the morning and leave before the crowds

Have to say that my water bill in cornwall is the same as I paid in the midlands
  • stuzhunter
    stuzhunter Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Post
    Does anybody know where I can get a voucher for the Eden Garden project? I'll be happy to swap for other attraction vouchers.
  • Hi I just found this 241 deal if anyone is interested?

http://www.edenproject.com/documents/Voucher2for1RiverCottage.pdf
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business