Sky.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
8 replies 1.1K views
mcclimmcclim Forumite
280 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I've been looking at the Sky web site and they have loads of offers for new Customers, since I already have a sky box and dish can I cancel my subscription this month and take up the new customer offer next month? Or do Sky offer you a special deal to stay a customer ?

Thanks,
Neil

Replies

• Stevenj214Stevenj214 Forumite
    221 Posts
    ✭✭
    if you cancel, you may get offered 3 months half price (via a phonecall to you, during your 'notice' period) but thats not guaranteed

you couldn't get a new customer offer, unless someone else lives with you and it can go in their name with their account details
  • mcclimmcclim Forumite
    280 Posts
    Thanks Steven, so I could sign up for Sky in my wife's name at the same address ?

Thanks,
    Neil
  • declanmccdeclanmcc Forumite
    412 Posts
    I'm gonna give Sky a call once the new footy season starts to try and get the Sky Sports package at a reduced price. I didn't qualify for free installation and subsequently their introductory offers (trees at back of house - therefore dish had to go on chimney - and the fitters won't go up on the roof). I'm not going to threaten to cancel - just gonna ask them for a reduced rate!

Quite frankly their service for existing customers is non-existent. Not once have I seen a special offer for existing customers come through my letterbox.
  • gravitytollsgravitytolls Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    Sky are bloody lousy. I emailed them re. sky+, but they wouldn't let me have it at the new customer offer, and refused me the oppurtunity to refuse multi room, which we neither want nor are willing to pay £10 mth for.

As customers we need to begin to revolt, and cancel subscriptions en masse. Then they might wise up.

I did point out they were abusing their position as a virtual monopoly, but I think they stuck their virtual tongues out at me.

They told me I had already had one lot of free equipment so I couldn't have any more, despite the fact that the equipment wasn't free! They are rubbish really.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
    221 Posts
    ✭✭
    mcclim wrote:
    Thanks Steven, so I could sign up for Sky in my wife's name at the same address ?

Thanks,
    Neil

yeh, you call and cancel yours... wife calls sales with sob story that you've moved out and taken the box.. free install (though probably just get a new box) and 3 months half price or 2 months free depending what offer you find (or can get the sales agent to give)
    221 Posts
    ✭✭
    Sky are bloody lousy. I emailed them re. sky+, but they wouldn't let me have it at the new customer offer, and refused me the oppurtunity to refuse multi room, which we neither want nor are willing to pay £10 mth for.

As customers we need to begin to revolt, and cancel subscriptions en masse. Then they might wise up.

I did point out they were abusing their position as a virtual monopoly, but I think they stuck their virtual tongues out at me.

They told me I had already had one lot of free equipment so I couldn't have any more, despite the fact that the equipment wasn't free! They are rubbish really.

call and cancel cos u want sky+ but don't want to pay £149 or £99, there is retention deals that give you sky+ for £49 so if your lucky you might get offered it
  • tee_3tee_3 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    On a similar note does anyone know whether you qualify as a new customer (for one of their deals) if you were previously with Sky (>12 months ago) and are wanting to move back to them. I moved to NTL from Sky, but am now considering going back

Any help would be appreciated

Tee
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tee wrote:
    On a similar note does anyone know whether you qualify as a new customer (for one of their deals) if you were previously with Sky (>12 months ago) and are wanting to move back to them. I moved to NTL from Sky, but am now considering going back

Any help would be appreciated

Tee

You might want to read this thread here as an existing user of NTL ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides